Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: 32o against a generally passive player.

I'm with spamuel. Generally I jam these low 2-pr hands on the flop and keep flooring, but against this guy it seems safe he's got a K and will bet the turn, so I'd probably cr here.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM

I call and C/R turn. If he's really passive, a flop 3-bet could put him in call-down mode; if he has a K, he's not folding to the turn C/R and you get more bets in that way (in addition to seeing what comes off on the turn). I don't know many (if any) players that I would call passive that would raise a rainbow flop of Kxx and then check behind the turn -- maybe if an A fell, but usually not then either. Interestingly, if an A did fall, I might defer the C/R to the river if I knew he didn't love checking the river behind - but I'd need to know he is passive but capable of folding, and most passive guys are going to call down a turn C/R even after the A falls. If he was not terribly passive, I'd 3-bet and lead. So, in sum, I favor a turn C/R pretty clearly here.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Why not just wait until the river to checkraise? It's not like that board is scary to someone holding a K, so there isn't much risk that he suddenly stops betting. At least wait until the river if the turn is something like K328r. By waiting until the river, we can make sure our 2-pair doesn't get counterfeited.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just wait until the river to checkraise? It's not like that board is scary to someone holding a K, so there isn't much risk that he suddenly stops betting. At least wait until the river if the turn is something like K328r. By waiting until the river, we can make sure our 2-pair doesn't get counterfeited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think waiting until the river is way too risky. Loose passives are not good river value bettors and will often check behind the river with weak kings. Also, if you wait until the river, the board can easily become scary for a loose-passive (an Ace falls, or the board becomes 4-straighted).
Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 AM

to me this is an very easy call and c/r. he is almost always betting the turn so why wouldnt you?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think waiting until the river is way too risky. Loose passives are not good river value bettors and will often check behind the river with weak kings. Also, if you wait until the river, the board can easily become scary for a loose-passive (an Ace falls, or the board becomes 4-straighted).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that a turn checkraise is normally best, unless a complete brick hits, like a 7/8/9 that completes the rainbow.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
crainc

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raise and it's not close?

I like a c/r as well. I think you get most from what looks like a K but not an awesome K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or its Scanner speak and hes trying to make your brain explode.

Also I agree...call, CR...pretty simple and plain jane. But does anybody bet/3bet the turn?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:26 AM

Entity said Villain wouldn't raise a donkbet with one pair on the turn, so doubtful.