Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: My second time multi-tabling...

The pot is 7-to-2 (3.5-to-1), making this a clear fold.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if I was playing at just this table, I might have stuck with it...implied odds and all. But two-tabling with action on the other, I figured I should cut my losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're thinking about this all wrong.

The action on the other table should not play a role here. With only two tables, you have plenty of time to play both (you have some 20 seconds to make a decision -- most of the time your decision is made in the first 3 seconds). Don't pass on a profitable situation because another table has a profitable situation. PLAY THEM BOTH (hence MULTI-table). The hand and the action will still be there in another 5 seconds.

You also didn't "cut your losses". You "limited your wins" by taking the worst of both worlds. Your first call is marginal at best. The second call is an easy peel because of the pot size. So you called when it was unprofitable and folded when it was profitable. How do you expect to make money like that?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:25 PM

There is no way I'm flat calling on this flop. I'm either 3-betting or folding, and in a pot this small I'm just getting out of the way. If the pot were large I would 3-bet everytime.

Brad
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM

If you don't raise this preflop, what do you raise?

I could be off base here, but if you have odds to cold-call the first flop raise, then I'm pretty sure you have the odds to call the cap.

Edit: This was a grunch. Also, I should've said more clearly with the others that the first flop call is marginal at best but the fold then is bad.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 PM

Not raising pre-flop was terrible. I was auto-piloting right from a SSHE list. I didn't spot KQs in the list (though it's obviously there) and I didn't put much thought into just how good a hand it is. Clear brain-fart on my part.

As for cold-calling two bets...I figured the raiser for something like A9 (leaving me at least 7.5 outs.) That's probably WAY too narrow a focus this early in a hand. When it was capped back to me, with how weak this table had been, I was thinking I was up against two-pair and a big flush draw, or trips. That left me about 4.5 outs (3 Js and backdoor flush). That didn't look too good so I cut bait.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 PM

If you donk and call the 2-bets, do you then call the cap bet?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM

As silly as it sounds at .50/1.00, I guess I panicked (for lack of a better word.)
Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Would you ever fold on the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
And in a situation like this, after calling the first 2 on the flop, you should have been prepared for the scenario that it was coming back raised to you. Once you decide to call the first time you should think "okay I called two so I'm auto calling any number coming back."

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it freaked me out seeing the flop get capped, because this was not a capping table. The only other time over two hours that it happened was when my nut straight went up against top set.

From your post it sounds like if you cold-call two-bets (or two-bet yourself), you're prepared to call it if it comes back capped to you. Have you ever run into a situation where you would fold in that situation? Or do you re-evaluate and do any necessary folding on the turn/river?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As silly as it sounds at .50/1.00, I guess I panicked (for lack of a better word.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not silly. It happens. It's all part of the learning process.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 PM

I understand you were distracted at the other table. This used to happen to me all the time. I still can't play more than 2 tables very well.

The questions about the flop call(s) make this an interesting thread. If I was in that situation, I probably would've called the raise and then also the cap. Now I wonder if folding right away was probably the best play.