Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Stealing Food From Employers

When I was a young punk kid in my first job which was as a dishwasher in a large hotel with banqueat facilities we used to rip them off.

I was only 13 years old but we'd go to haul the dishes from a banquest back to wash and there'd be Gallon Jugs of Inglenook red wine there. These were kind of 'in reserve' for the banquet but often they'd reserve much more than they could drink.

So before the main guy would come confiscate the wine and lock it up in the liquor room we'd grab one and throw it in with the garbage. Then we'd take the garbage out back of the place (outside) and extract the gallon jug and hide it in bushes. Later ... after getting off work we'd grab it and head somewhere.

At first we'd sell it to older guys in the neighborhood so they could get their chicks drunk for good SIIHP action. Eventually we kept one and got our first experience with bad wine and serious drunkeness and serious hangovers. Later it lead to hot chicks for us too.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 PM

I worked at a Tex-Mex place as a delivery driver. There were two things we would do.

On big caterings, we would simply take any leftovers (full pans that were never opened) back to our apartment. Always good to get drunk and eat fajitas. Actually, if we took it back to the restaurant, the owner would tell the cooks to sell it to the current customers.

The other was much more lucrative.

The hostess up front would answer the phones and write the order on a duplicate note pad. She would tear the first copy off and bring it to the back. We were supposed to key the order into the system off of the ticket, and it would create a ticket for the cooks. Well, it would often get busy, so instead of keying in the ticket, we would put it in our pocket and just call out what we need. They would be so busy, they would just throw our food up (fajitas were quick). We would deliver it, charge the customer the normal price, but then pocket 100% of it. The customer wasn't getting ripped off. When we'd get back, we innocently ask to see the original copy that the hostess kept, and take it back to the kitchen with us...at $16-20 bucks a pop on top of our above average driver wage and our tips, we made decent money.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 PM

I worked at a Subway sandwhich shop for about a year and a half. Our store was tiny, and we had (at most) 2 employees working at one time. Generally, I worked with another person my age, so there were really no superiors.

I rarely saw my manager (who was a 35 year old lady)except on weekends.

During my stead, it was open season. I ate hundreds of foot-longs and stole drinks/ice cream from Goodrich. I either gave out free food or gave friends a huge discount.

While the Subway stamps were still going, we took an entire roll one time, and I gave them away/kept them for my benefit. Maybe thats why they stopped doing them...

I suppose I sound like a bad person, but it primarely did it to confinscate for my poor pay ($6/hour over 1 1/2 years=lame). Almost every employee that worked there stole food, and I can't imagine how much they lost because of us.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I sound like a bad person, but it primarely did it to confinscate for my poor pay ($6/hour over 1 1/2 years=lame).

[/ QUOTE ]

All thieves justify their theft in one way or another. I see you are no different. I guess someone held a gun to your head and make you work there right?

Low life scumbag thieves make me puke.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I sound like a bad person, but it primarely did it to confinscate for my poor pay ($6/hour over 1 1/2 years=lame).

[/ QUOTE ]

All thieves justify their theft in one way or another. I see you are no different. I guess someone held a gun to your head and make you work there right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-21-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i sued to work at a bagel shop. there was no stealing at all at it. i mean not even day-old bagel (but why would you want to?).

it also helped that the managers would give away free/half-price meals for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they were stealing for you.

When I worked at a bagel shop I'd get a bagel when I walked in, a $7 sandwich, a bag of chips and a nantucket nectar almost every day. I'm not even sure what I was allowed but it probably wasn't that.

The managers didn't care but I'm sure the owner would have if he found out.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:58 AM

I worked at a local pizza joint in college. No need to steal. Eat what you want, free beer after your shift. Make delivery drivers a sandwich to take with them. Totally cool owner. The place made money too.

The free beer policy was eventually amended to two free beers only. Mostly because the manager was an alky and he'd sit there drinking for six hours after his shift. But if we were closing, sheeeeit. Drunken spades games were pretty common after hours.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:05 AM

My fraternity used to run a consession stand at a large arena in a major city for Basketball games and concerts.

We cooked the books and left with a twenty or two in our pokets.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyone here who would consider buying a steak from some guy on the street?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a questionable looking guy at a subway station try to sell me a bag of frozen shrimp once. Ice crystals on it and everything.

Him: Hey, you wanna buy some shrimp? Ten bucks, come on!
Me: No thanks, my man, I don't dig seafood.
Him: Yeah, but I bet you got a girlfriend that does!
Me: LOL.

When I worked at a gas station, there was a sub shop next door and they used to set us up w/ free/discounted subs if the right person was working. We used to take an occasional soda or OJ from the station as well.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over yourself,paying 6 dollars an hour is a worse crime than stealing.

Mack