Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: NL$400, hand against ghazban

[ QUOTE ]
The way Ghazban plays should take plenty of money from the fish and none from you.

Flop is easy easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with him once, and his play isn't as abc tight as some of his posts indicate. His style could easily extract money from good players.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He knows I'm 2+2 and he knows my play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and vice versa. And we both know that the other knows this.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:17 PM

You guys should a)stop playing against each other and b)post 100 heads up hands between the two of you like I do with my good friend that I play with. Heads up hands between two good players are really freaking fun and interesting. Not very profitable, though, so you should stop playing those tables.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My image is very LAG. I've raised my last three buttons and taken it down uncontested. Comments on preflop and flop are welcome too.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($1208.80)
MP ($392)
me ($505.60)
SB ($446.10)
Ghazban ($460.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I raise to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Ghazban raises to $46</font>, I call $35.

Flop: ($102) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Ghazban bets $80</font>, I call $80.

Turn: ($262) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Ghazban bets $150</font>, I..?

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in on the turn looks a lot like AA (with the Ah) or KK. I probably push, and I dont think Ghaz can call with anything but KK, because if he had AA he'd be afraid you had KK, etc.

The Doc
Old 09-21-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys should a)stop playing against each other and b)post 100 heads up hands between the two of you like I do with my good friend that I play with. Heads up hands between two good players are really freaking fun and interesting. Not very profitable, though, so you should stop playing those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, I got there first. I must be on wtfsvi's fish list.

EDIT: Incidentally, the only time we've ever played HU was stud hi/lo and I pwned him mercilessly
Old 09-21-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, I got there first. I must be on wtfsvi's fish list.

EDIT: Incidentally, the only time we've ever played HU was stud hi/lo and I pwned him mercilessly

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am too.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:28 PM

You may be playing LAG, but you called his re-raise which indicates that you have something. You call the flop which again tells Villian that you have something.

You're behind AA, KK, AK.

You're beating JJ and below. If he does have JJ, I'd think that your flop call would slow him down. What do you think he puts you on? Is your hand range really that large after you call the flop? You say he knows you well, so do you think that he thinks that you'd reraise p/f with AA and raise the flop with AK? If the answer is "yes" to both of these, then he only needs to worry about KK. For this reason, this is a good spot to push you off of many of your other possible holdings.

I dunno, these read-dependent situations are really hard to advise people on...but I think I'd fold.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:30 PM

fold or raise the flop. callings stinks
Old 09-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Well I didn't mean just playing heads up. There's a different forum for that anyways. I just meant normal games but where the hand ends up being you guys heads up. It's boring talking about how to value bet against donks all day.