Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: ROI in heads up SNGs?

"do u have large sample size evidence of >70% in 5s?"

Nope. Just the players are that bad.

"but can you get 60/100 in 12 mins/game 2-tabling hu?"

Other people (better players) have told me this and better is possible. 12mins?? Dunno at the 105s. Averaging 8 an hr is probally more reasonable.

"btw, what site do u play at to get 12 min games? some sites i see are timed for levels and start off at such low blinds it takes way more than 12mpg..."

Stars. The games hardly ever go into the 3rd level (at lower limits at least), and not usually into the 2nd (means that he's survived a couple of gambles). The low blinds part is why you can get a good edge. The deep stacks greatly favor skill.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 PM

in the bigger ones, ive played around 600 now. relatively evenly spread through the 105s and 210s, about 100 520s, 8 1ks, and 2 5ks.. the 105s and 210s are quite soft imo. the 520s get some good players. the 1ks are littered with sharks, and the 5ks might actually be a BIT softer, as you get some gamblers goin in there to the 'big' game. can you do 10% in the 105s and 210s? sure. problem with that is that you can play maybe 4 tables at a time without frying yer brain. the HU sngs are a great way to learn hu play, but not the greatest source of money unless you are one of the best in the world. holla
Old 09-21-2005, 04:45 PM

At the 5.50s, I got a very easy 30% ROI. However, hourly is much more imporant than ROI in heads up SnGs (your ROI will be lower if you push pocket pairs verse overcards preflop, but it's definitely +$/hour). I imagine if you played really well at the 5.50s, single tabling you could make almost 10 an hour (playing about 6/hour at ~30% ROI).

I don't reccommend multitabling, as heads up is all about learning about what your opponent does wrong and making them pay in fun, hilarious, sadistic fashion. (I imagine that this is true at all stakes, although clearly to a lesser extent.)
Old 09-21-2005, 04:58 PM

"I don't reccommend multitabling, as heads up is all about learning about what your opponent does wrong and making them pay in fun, hilarious, sadistic fashion. (I imagine that this is true at all stakes, although clearly to a lesser extent.)"

I've heard some of the best HU players have 3-4 tables going at once.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they do. I'm just saying it's much different than multitabling 10-person SnGs.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't reccommend multitabling, as heads up is all about learning about what your opponent does wrong and making them pay in fun, hilarious, sadistic fashion. (I imagine that this is true at all stakes, although clearly to a lesser extent.)"

[/ QUOTE ]

At what limit? I can't imagine the higher ones run at a high enough frequency that would enable constant multitabling.

I think an expert can play HU somewhat on autopilot since they are able to detect HU patterns much faster (and better) than I would.

Btw. Panella86 is currently playing a 5k one. I suspect some of the big HU sharks wished that would happen after the WCOOP win. Edit that: he is fourtabling them. One table against strassa2.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw. Panella86 is currently playing a 5k one. I suspect some of the big HU sharks wished that would happen after the WCOOP win. Edit that: he is fourtabling them. One table against strassa2.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol panella is soo far in over his head.