Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: top 5 under 25?

Fischman and Prahlad have to be included in the top5.

If gigabet is -25 then you have to add him (although I think he is 27 or so).
Old 09-18-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fischman is 24 or 25 and is a multiple bracelet winner, with one of them coming in one of the most stacked fields ever seen in tournament poker, that in itself is an amazing achievement (2004 HORSE)....it doesnt change that he comes across as a huge douchebag every time he graces a television screen, but you must give credit where it is due.

[/ QUOTE ]
he's not a douche anymore. Even Fossilman likes the guy and he has a pretty good douche-radar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2005, 04:11 AM

How old is Eric Sagstrom? I know nothing about the guy's game, but Gus Hansen says he's the best limit hold'em player in the world.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. David williams (24). Two second places finishes in big events

[/ QUOTE ]
Please get this guy off your list asap. I could be wrong and i'd hope for someone to clarify but this guy was not a consistent LONG term winner at poker until he got second in the 2004 main event. Can we please not forget how uber donkish his plays were? How many times was he almost eliminated and outdrew someone? Flat calling 33% of your stack out of position with 55 and then checking dark? There are people who have seen him play online and tracked hand histories of him and its been said he is not a long term winner at cash tables. Way I see it, he is another guy who got lucky at a big tourney and now uses that to play poker with. Someone PLEASE give me the facts if im wrong because i'd love to like this guy and give him respect, i just can't do it based on what ive seen from him.

Now on the other hand, scott fischman I feel is a GREAT player. He was winning tournies on pokerstars and grinding out the cash tables at a good win rate long before winning his bracelets. He is very knowledgable in terms of long term success in poker, he multi tables well, and comes across to me as a typical 2+2'er young gun who has put in his time learning about the game. David williams to me does not seem like this type of player. Ask him about about pot odds and expected value and see what he tells you...
Old 09-18-2005, 06:50 AM

replace prahlad (he's 27) w/ eric sagstrom. take off david williams and add scott firschman. like him or not, the guy can play.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How old is Eric Sagstrom? I know nothing about the guy's game, but Gus Hansen says he's the best limit hold'em player in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to this post Eric was 15 in 1999 so that would make him 21 or 22 now.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's not a douche anymore. Even Fossilman likes the guy and he has a pretty good douche-radar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a compliment. Thanks, in that case.

I like Scott, he just has to distance himself from Dutch.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 09-18-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

my point is that unless you have played against them on a regular basis and/or are somehow privy to info on their cash wins & losses, how can you use cash game results as part of the analysis?

[/ QUOTE ]

if they're the few under 25 getting backed to play in these big games, I'd say it's safe to say they're the best. if there were better players under 25 you'd think they would be getting backed too, no?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask him about about pot odds and expected value and see what he tells you...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're basing this on-do you have some reason to believe that Williams can't do math? He's pretty well-educated and seems to be a very bright person-where is this condescending attitude coming from?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:16 AM

David Williams attended very good colleges..I'm sure he knows more about pot odds and EV than you do.

Anyways, how old is Noah Boeken?