Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Value Betting River

Call, pot's too big to fold although I expect to lose here a lot.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What part of this says I'm ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]
This part does:
[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is very loose, and ... CO is semi-loose, and seems to like aces a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What now?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call in a big pot against an unknown, possibly somewhat aggressive player. He may have A9s and be putting you on overcards. He may have 98s, and not really be thinking. I think you're good here 1 in 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with boz. I think you gotta pay it off.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:26 PM

grunch

i bet here. if either of them beat you, they'll probably raise and you can fold, losing one bet. if they call, you probably have them beat, and win two bets. if you check, if they also check you probably win, but zero bets on the river. if you check, and one of them bet, they may be bluffing and force you out of a pot if you don't call.

i'm still a rookie someone please correct me if my reasoning is incredibly wrong (likely : P)
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call in a big pot against an unknown, possibly somewhat aggressive player. He may have A9s and be putting you on overcards. He may have 98s, and not really be thinking. I think you're good here 1 in 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, and wasn't good.

I had a few other hands today where the flush/scare card came on the turn instead of the river and I bet for value.

Guess I'm just getting gunshy on the river.

KO
Old 09-18-2005, 07:45 AM

I'd go with check/call. Second ten is too scary, especially on this board. A side benefit of checking is you will occassionally induce a bluff from a lesser hand.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds,

What now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown, I'd look him up. He's probably got the ten or the slowplayed straight, but there are some donk bettors out there.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grunch

i bet here. if either of them beat you, they'll probably raise and you can fold, losing one bet. if they call, you probably have them beat, and win two bets. if you check, if they also check you probably win, but zero bets on the river. if you check, and one of them bet, they may be bluffing and force you out of a pot if you don't call.

i'm still a rookie someone please correct me if my reasoning is incredibly wrong (likely : P)

[/ QUOTE ]

With this read:

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is very loose, and has been semi-aggressive in the hands I've seen, but that's been very very few. CO is semi-loose, and seems to like aces a lot, but pretty passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

...in a large pot, with an overpair, any line that involves folding is a poor one. Loose, aggro villans are going to show you second pair suited with an ace (for instance) or bluff-raised overcards often enough to make this call profitable.