Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Response

Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war). There are a few mistakes in both our posts.

1st my mistake- I didnt have a pair in the flush hand, I meant to hit the 7. So I did only have the flush draw but you've got to be kidding if you call another big bet on a blank turn. For all you know I do have the ace.

Now your mistakes.

1- not giving the full story with the TT hand. Villan was not a regular in this game and was unknown. Before you sat down, I raised im late position with 88, he reraised me to 50. I called, and folded when I didnt flop a set. Now 2 orbits later, I raise with TT, and the same guy reraises me. On a safe flop, I checkraise him allin. Not a bad play considering he may be doing this preflop reraise with a wide range of hands. This is not donksih by any means and if you think it is, then you get walked over often.

Mistake 2- I do have the hand history and I did bet 28. I never make weak continuation bets. This is just an outright lie.

Mistake 3- You claim I minimum raised you to 500. Dude, this is just stupid. Look at stack sizes. You bet 250 and have 200 behind. What am I supposed to do? Raise you 200 or raise you 200.

Anyways, just want to clarify a few things. I know you're a decent player but the things you said at table where signs of a NIT tilting and I wanted to post it.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Pissing off the nits.

so youre posting to show us how badly you play 35 sooted?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM

its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

you cant have it both ways.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Response

[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard this comment (or other similiar assholish comments) uttered by anyone who had an accurate view of his or her poker abilities.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

you cant have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never heard this comment (or other similiar assholish comments) uttered by anyone who had an accurate view of his or her poker abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that came out right. I won a few big pots off him and he starts to berate me and my plays. So, whats wrong with acting like a fish and saying all the best fish lines. After I won with TT I said "well I got the money, so I must have done something right". I made those types of comments to get paid off. I didnt really say anything jerkish, I just spoke like a fish to rile up the good players. It worked, I ended the session with 6 buyins at that table.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:29 PM

fun to hear both sides of it.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop came Q65. I bet $90 and you called.
The turn was another 5. I bet $250 and you DID NOT push. You minimum raised me to $500. Now, a blind man can see that my hand is no good at this point so I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]BAN!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM

ban?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just read you post pirahnah. BTW I was trying to tilt you at the table with my chat, glad it worked. (sorry for being an ass but poker is war). There are a few mistakes in both our posts.

your chat didnt tilt me. I tilted myself

1st my mistake- I didnt have a pair in the flush hand, I meant to hit the 7. So I did only have the flush draw but you've got to be kidding if you call another big bet on a blank turn. For all you know I do have the ace.

I knew you didnt have an ace. You say I wouldnt call a big turn bet. Youre right, I was going to check raise you which you cant dispute since I did it.

Now your mistakes.

1- not giving the full story with the TT hand. Villan was not a regular in this game and was unknown. Before you sat down, I raised im late position with 88, he reraised me to 50. I called, and folded when I didnt flop a set. Now 2 orbits later, I raise with TT, and the same guy reraises me. On a safe flop, I checkraise him allin. Not a bad play considering he may be doing this preflop reraise with a wide range of hands. This is not donksih by any means and if you think it is, then you get walked over often.

The guy IS a semi regular and hes pretty good. I wouldve bet 5 stacks that he had AA / KK. Your play was bad. Ask anyone here.

Mistake 2- I do have the hand history and I did bet 28. I never make weak continuation bets. This is just an outright lie.
When we were talking about the hand at the table YOU told ME that you bet $16 on the flop. Thats where that came from. Alcanali asked about the hand. I told him you bet $25 or so on the flop and you quickly corrected me and said you bet $16, so apparently it was YOU that outright lied

Mistake 3- You claim I minimum raised you to 500. Dude, this is just stupid. Look at stack sizes. You bet 250 and have 200 behind. What am I supposed to do? Raise you 200 or raise you 200.

Say what you want. You minimum raised me to $500. I dont remember if that was enought to put me all in or not, but you DID NOT push.

Anyways, just want to clarify a few things. I know you're a decent player but the things you said at table where signs of a NIT tilting and I wanted to post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 53s hand. You called $12 preflop when it looked like it was going to be heads up since you were on the button. Not good. Then you call my reraise to $45ish. Not great.

Then you called $90 on the flop with 5 outs. You hit one of your outs and got lucky. Thats it. Your plays are not good. I made a great fold. You thought I was pot committed , I didnt. I told you at the table that I wouldve bet my life I was beaten and I was correct.

You didnt post this because I was tilting. You didnt even know I read this board. You posted to show off. Thats fine though.

The point is that you got lucky in all 3 hands to varying degrees. Luck is the reason you left with 4-5 buy ins.

No hard feelings. We shall meet again.