Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: AA Top Set, River Decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise again. The river didn't change a thing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said...

Raise again if you feel like you had the best hand on 4th street. If you were going to raise a bet on a river blank, you should raise this river as well since it didn't change anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

---

Well, it's hard for me to KNOW if I have the best hand on 4th street, but I was thinking that there's no way he could put me on a king, so therefore he wouldn't need to have a king to bet the river against me.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be results oriented, but I just realized that you were in the CO, which opens up his SB 3-betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicholas Cage voice: "I know that, now!" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see his hand. I didn't take all the information into account when I went nuts on the turn.

I'm kinda curious if I should have raised the river, though...

Sometimes I'll say something to myself like: "This hand is worth 5-6 bets to me."

This means: I cap the turn, and if he bets, I call, or I bet and call a raise, but if he bets I don't raise, because that would potentailly take me to 7 bets, which isn't worth it (subjective thinking here).

Specifically, this is something that I tend to do with sets on straight boards.

All I saw in this hand was a re-raise of a preflop raiser (didn't take pos into consideration and therefore missed the straight possibility)... big mistake. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
He could possibly cap the turn with AK, but the call on the flop and action on the turn indicate a monster, so I still don't think the river changed anything, but you have to consider he can have the straight more than if you had raised UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I didn't even look at the results before posting this. Frankly, four to broadway on board will often bite you. Despite what everyone says, it's amazing how often they fill the gutshot rather than turn over two pair or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to give reasoning other than "it's amazing" how many times they'll bad beat you.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I didn't even look at the results before posting this. Frankly, four to broadway on board will often bite you. Despite what everyone says, it's amazing how often they fill the gutshot rather than turn over two pair or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to give reasoning other than "it's amazing" how many times they'll bad beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:27 AM

(posting blind)

I would probably raise. Any hand he has with a K in it beats you. The only hand that I can think of that he would bet like crazy that completes the straight is KJ, which I don't normally three bet on the flop? I don't think most people would bet KK as aggressively as villain did here. I'd call if he threebets and hope for the best.