Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: The all to easy to play 73s hand.

My initial thought was to just call the flop. But I have to agree with Miles here, the pot is a measly 4sb, the small blind bets into 4 players (so you're likely behind), your 2 pair outs need to be significantly discounted so I give you about 7 outs on average here (1.5 bdfd, 2 3's, 3.5 5's). With the possibility of being raised I think it's a marginal flop call at best if you think you'll get callers behind and probably closer to a fold. There's no folding the turn if you make it there with a pair + flush draw + gutshot.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 PM

1. Fold the flop. If you're not folding, then just call. Raising is maniacal.

2. Leading the turn is kind of maniacal. If everybody called there might be a little value there, but that isn't going to happen.

3. Do not fold the turn.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:17 PM

Btw, I just wanted to point out that it's often mentioned that if someone to your right bets you should raise or fold, the reason I would not apply that here is that the pot is small, you have bottom pair, and no reads on SB.

If SB was aggressive and the pot was large, raising could be the right play on the flop. It's just that the pot is very small here so it's not worth investing 2 bets to protect your equity. So I would call or fold here.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:18 PM

*grunching*

I don't know how I feel about the flop raise, but given the number of people behind, I think it's a fair play to try and get others to fold.

After everyone calls those flop bets cold, I think you're going to have to check this turn, with the intention of calling one. Why?

Asumming you hadn't bet, you'd be looking at 4.5:1 pot odds. Your hand isn't that strong, and you may be behind already to an ace, or higher diamond draw. I give you maybe 2 diamonds, the two 3s, and two 5s. Why only two diamonds? Someone really likes that Ad. Could be a guy with spades or not, but I think you've got a much lesser chance of your flush being good.

I don't think you have the implied odds if you *do* hit the flush 'because you'll frequently be 2nd best.