Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Hand against TAG.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really know, it just bothers me that if you're checkraising here with say A7 and all better hands,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I cr a7? I think in this situation where he has 3-bet me preflop and announced strength, the only hand that I'm going to cr the flop with is a pair of kings. Any other hand is too vunerable to let middles players see the turn cheap.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only checkraising a pair of Kings here makes you too easy to play against.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really know, it just bothers me that if you're checkraising here with say A7 and all better hands,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I cr a7? I think in this situation where he has 3-bet me preflop and announced strength, the only hand that I'm going to cr the flop with is a pair of kings. Any other hand is too vunerable to let middles players see the turn cheap.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think only checkraising a pair of Kings here makes you too easy to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would except it's a protected pot and the board has 0 draws. It's completely rainbow. I'm not bluffing, he knows I'm not bluffing and it's unlikely that he expects me to fold.

I could be wrong though. I'm not 100% sure of this hand.

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM

Yes, it's protected and he knows you're not bluffing, which is why I think the way you need to expand your checkraising range is by checkraising worse hands than top pair so he doesn't have a ridiculously easy time playing whatever hand he has here.

I won't reply for a little bit now, on my way out, I hope this checkraising discussion develops a little while I'm gone because I think it's interesting.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's protected and he knows you're not bluffing, which is why I think the way you need to expand your checkraising range is by checkraising worse hands than top pair so he doesn't have a ridiculously easy time playing whatever hand he has here.

I won't reply for a little bit now, on my way out, I hope this checkraising discussion develops a little while I'm gone because I think it's interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying that since he has played a lot of hands with villian, and if he always check raises with tpwk against a pfr, then the villian could be making a move on him, and he may end up folding the best hand?

I agree, but against an unknown is the check raise a good line, b/c I think Krishan has a good point about it gaining a lot of info.

Also, what about just playing a wa/wb line here?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the other line I considered.

Krishan
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the other line I considered.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No. There's a third player who has called villain's initial bet. c/r to get the money in.

Also on c/ring with a wider range so he can't read us: I don't think it applies here because of the third player who is still around. I don't say that c/ring 88 is wrong (because I'm not sure), I'm saying that the reason for a c/r shouldn't be to camouflage our future play. Save that for HU pots.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:54 AM

hi. I like this hand all around. On turn you're usually drawing to 3 outs and don't have the pot odds to continue. I like flop checkraise here, but I'm wondering how you would have played it if UTG folded, leaving it headsup against chan. I think I might treat it as a WA/Wb there and check/call and probably check/call river as he's gonna value bet a lower pocket pair a lot I think, and isn't calling with an AQ/AJ hand.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:16 PM

I think you played this very well. There is no need to lead this flop to protect our hand. There are no draws and only 1 overcard so we don't mind if there is 1 or 2 callers after the button bets. Once UTG calls, Hero has a value checkraise. When Button 3-bets and UTG coldcalls, we can be pretty sure our hand is second best. Check-folding the turn unimproved is the only play.