Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 2s full of 3s

In full ring Limit 08 chances are very good that both 3s are in people's hands. So you may have to dodge 18 outs, twice, not to mention the low outs which will start betting into you, and you'll never know what they have because any low card is a natural holding for a guy with a 3. I don't like putting myself in that position where EVERY card is a scare card.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 2s full of 3s

[ QUOTE ]
xIn full ring Limit 08 chances are very good that both 3s are in people's hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mendacious - Both threes? I think you're right. Let's see, for a nine player L.A. area game:

1*C(43,30)/C(45,32) = 0.5010

Yeah, you're right. About half the time both threes will have been dealt to your opponents in a nine player game. But will everybody who was dealt a three see the flop? And then will everybody who was dealt a three make a full house?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like putting myself in that position where EVERY card is a scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you. I don't like it either. But, and I don't mean to be stubborn, I don't like folding it either, although I have to admit you've made a better case for folding it than I've made for playing it. I guess for me it depends on how many people are still in the hand, who they are, how they act, and what they do. (But I can see that's all very vague).

Anyhow, thanks for your input and getting me to think about it.

Buzz