Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Pair and Flush Draw hand

Against an opponent will likely call an AI w/J 10 I think giving a free turn card is correct.

If this hand was a 3-way pot then that's different but let's not go there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 03:25 PM

I think you have 'some' fold equity here... you are only behind a set or a better 7... no way a better 7 calls an all-in.

You hit this flop hard, push it in...
Old 09-14-2005, 03:26 PM

I think this is a pretty great flop for your hand, especially with your stack size. You are a favorite over AA. You are ~one pot-sized raise from being all in. Why are you looking to fold here?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:32 PM

JT is probably going to put us all in on the turn anyway, so I'm not so concerned about that hand (or any hand with a pair of tens or better). But what about all the weaker hands our opponent could hold, like AQ J9 A7 etc.? Don't we want those hands to fold now, unless he is likely to keep bluffing on the turn with the worse hand?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:32 PM

I think we need a math wiz to step up to the plate here to give equity vs. villian's hand range and %'s and equations and graphs and and all that pretty stuff they do that I can't. That would help methinks.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:43 PM

PokerStove says:

52.1841 % AA-TT, 77, 44, ATs, QTs, JTs, ATo
47.8159 % 7h6h

I don't know what hands Villain will raise preflop, but this is a pretty conservative range as far as Hero's equity goes. If you start giving Villain trashier hands like JTo or nut flush draws, our equity goes up.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:59 PM

I don't like calling a raise with a SC for 1/14th of my stack, but seeing as you did, you got a pretty awesome flop, put it in the middle now.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Results

So bad call preflop. I pushed on the flop and he called w/ AdKd. So I'm 87% to win... how do you like his call? Is he committed or should he be committed to an asylum? I was thinking that maybe if I just made a $325 raise instead of pushing he could have found a fold...
Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Results

what's the problem? you want him to call with AK.

am i the only one here who thinks this is an auto-push? u are in a coinflip situation or better situation versus the vast majority of hands he has there. you win a portion of the dead money in the pot. you win if he folds. you win on later hands when u push with a set, and they think u have flush draw again.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Results

I don't really understand why you want him to fold? Every dollar that goes in on the flop against AK you get 7 out of 8 times. If you knew he had AK you would want him to call your raise on the flop not for him to fold. If you don't like variance don't call large portions of your stack preflop with suited connectors. As played pushing the flop is very standard and mathematically is at least a break even proposition given the size of your stack and the pot.