Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Is this fold ever profitable at the low limits?

i think the number of times an opponent bluffs at the ace when you check are small, and i think the number of times your opponent is bluffing when you bet this and they raise are small. i think bet/fold is the correct line, and hand #2 is fine.

there are plenty of times when betting with the intention of folding to a raise is the correct play. this is one of them.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:57 AM

You play low pocket pairs to flop sets and win big pots. For this to happen you want many players, frequently you won't get this at 6-max.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Hand 1 I do not see any real difference between c/c and bet/fold to raise on hand 1. Read and image dependant.

Hand 2 easy fold - no set no bet. You want to draw for your set cheap and when you do not get it - the majority of the time, you quickly dispose of the trash.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 PM

there's a huge difference between bet/fold and c/c and there always is. a lot of factors get involved. how much more likely is your hand to be best when your bet is called v. when you check and call a bet? how much, if any, fold equity do you gain by betting? how necessary is it to showdown this hand? how confident can you be when you bet that if you're raised that you can fold? and last, but not nearly leastly, how many times when you check does a worse hand that would have called your bet check behind you?

i think you can feel incredibly confident in your capacity to fold to a raise here, there are worse hands that will call you (that would check behind you if you do), and very few hands that bet this river that you call that you beat. all this adds up to bet/fold.