Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Am I the only one who does not like the hand converter?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Possibly here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think he means is, click on the "Forum Layout" button and paste that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, after you paste and convert the hand you'll see the forum button to click. Copy and paste the code and you're all set.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one who does not like the hand converter?

Funny you should ask. I've been working on a little project that has caused me to think about the best way to present the data from a hand. I think I've come up with a much better format, but I'm still working on it. I'll try to post more details in the next day or two.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Food for thought

Here's a converted hand from a recent post:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 (t635)
MP2 (t1480)
MP3 (t1040)
CO (t2970)
Button (t4010)
SB (t1605)
BB (t925)
UTG (t1450)
UTG+1 (t3310)
Hero (t2455)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t75, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t195) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t225</font>, Hero calls t225.

Turn: (t645) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero ? ? ? ?

[/ QUOTE ]

And here's the same info in a different format (I hope this works):

notes:
1) players are ordered SB BB.... Button
2) player actions are read left to right then start over on the next line (if needed)
3) all chip counts have been converted to BB's

like information is grouped together, all bets for one individual are in one column. Notice how easy it is to determine things like how big of a stack Villain will have if he folds on the turn and how much of his stack is committed. In the converter format, you have to jump back and forth from the betting info and the stack info, and then convert to BB's.

also notice how some of the clutter can be removed because it's a bit more visual. Gone is the clutter of CO, UTG+1, MP+2, etc. because you can "see" what hero's position is. The words "raise, bet, call" are also gone, because if you are following the betting (left to right from the first action on the first line) it's clear what action is being taken.

FWIW
Old 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Food for thought

that looks pretty cool JustT, however that would require to uplaod a picture to a hosting site for every hand?

---
I don't dislike the converter, i mean how can you dislike it? it is far superior to the raw HH.. but obviously it would be better w/o the glitches, and maybe a better format is available.

I tried the pokerhands.org and couldnt get it to work right away, so i gave up on that, maybe i'll try again sometime.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Food for thought

[ QUOTE ]
that would require to uplaod a picture to a hosting site for every hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe? I didn't mean to imply I had built a replacement for the hand converter, I'm a long ways away from that. A project I'm working on caused me to think about the format issue, and I got to someplace useful and posted as "food for thought".

P.S. The project is an excel based tool that (when completed) will allow me to efficiently review ALL the hands I played in a tourney. Imagine reviewing hundreds of converted hands, and you can see why I was trying to come up with a more accessible format.