Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Bubble aggression maybe taken too far.

[ QUOTE ]
in hand one, personally i'm only pushing the AA and AK. maybe the JTs. hand two i'm pushing everything except the crap hand, think it was 74o.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense at all. Would you wait until you have 4BB in hand one, and then start pushing?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:27 PM

1: push em all
2: fold K7s and KTo and 74, push rest
Old 09-13-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm with 45 on this. The typical 22 players love to call with QT and less. If your raising 85o from UTG then you must be raising 100% from the button and small blind. You're raising every hand at that point. So when one of these guys makes his brilliant JTs call you will be on the other end of it. You have to give them some chance to make these brilliant calls against each other. Lean on them from the SB and BTN, but back up some from UTG.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 PM

i think this post is hilarious. however, everyone seems to be thinking push push push. i pick this kind of play off almost all the time which is probably the only reason i am profitable. in 4-way action, yes, hand selection widens, as does calling standards. there are 4 left, you have the chip lead, why run over the table when you have a great chance of finishing first? the remaining stacks can still hurt you and your pushing 85o utg. that is brilliant. i am sorry, but i must be missing something. i think you can get away with this maybe once, twice if you are lucky, but expect a call and a 4th place exit many times. flame away.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Maybe I should ask, what hands you are calling pushes with on the bubble? Any ace, pair, king high? Don't give me this first in rigger crap as everyone is desparate at this point. I think the first in rigger stuff is more for MTT where chips stacks have higher variance between players.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this post is hilarious. however, everyone seems to be thinking push push push. i pick this kind of play off almost all the time which is probably the only reason i am profitable. in 4-way action, yes, hand selection widens, as does calling standards. there are 4 left, you have the chip lead, why run over the table when you have a great chance of finishing first? the remaining stacks can still hurt you and your pushing 85o utg. that is brilliant. i am sorry, but i must be missing something. i think you can get away with this maybe once, twice if you are lucky, but expect a call and a 4th place exit many times. flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we called the CO instead of utg, will you stop posting such wrong advice?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:02 PM

I don't understand your question. And my post did not offer any advice
Old 09-13-2005, 05:04 PM

Scenario 1 - All are easy pushes as big stack with a short SB, even 85o (32o). I'd push any two every time and cackle a lot while I did it. BB/BTN need to find big big hands to call you so you get away with it most of the time and if SB calls you're only down to 2000 if you lose so not a big deal.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:05 PM

sorry, meant to write, "if we called it CO instead of utg...."

but come on, your post was obviously advising not to push 85o there and implying it wasn't close.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing something. You've got the big stack and your best chance of finishing first is keeping the heat on in this nearly ideal bubble spot. I finish fourth very rarely in this spot.