Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Quint Aces No Good! (No Content)

how did it go down?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:23 PM

The way it always does with an illegal deck: Floor comes over, declares the hand totally null, everyone who put money in the pot gets back what they put in, and we get a new deck.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:47 PM

How'd the action go? Why didn't that dude just slip his fifth ace outta his hand and back into his sleeve? I don't get why anyone would willingly show down AAAAA.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way it always does with an illegal deck: Floor comes over, declares the hand totally null, everyone who put money in the pot gets back what they put in, and we get a new deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what the ruling is...i wanted to know what the hands/betting action was. Was it AAA on board and two had quads? Was it AA vs. AA both flopped top set? Did the dude have 3 aces in his hand and two on board?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How'd the action go? Why didn't that dude just slip his fifth ace outta his hand and back into his sleeve? I don't get why anyone would willingly show down AAAAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was cheating. If there was cheating involved, he wasn't the culprit: someone else must have slipped it into the deck on an earlier hand.

At any rate, he had A7o, he flopped trips, turned quads, and rivered...uh...quints. As soon as the final ace appeared he yelled, "What?!?" He checked his cards, tabled them, and the floor was called. The rest of the hand was uninteresting.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was cheating. If there was cheating involved, he wasn't the culprit: someone else must have slipped it into the deck on an earlier hand.

At any rate, he had A7o, he flopped trips, turned quads, and rivered...uh...quints. As soon as the final ace appeared he yelled, "What?!?" He checked his cards, tabled them, and the floor was called. The rest of the hand was uninteresting.

[/ QUOTE ]

so who who wins the pot?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a bad beat. He was probably wishing that that last LAST ace didn't come out. Then he would have won the pot (and possibly a good jackpot as well).
Old 09-14-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about a bad beat. He was probably wishing that that last LAST ace didn't come out. Then he would have won the pot (and possibly a good jackpot as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, no jackpot at Commerce 20/40.

The worst "bad beat" story I've heard was retold to me by Scott (the middle-aged Caucasian dealer at Commerce). He explained that he once dealt a Super Jackpot (quad sixes beaten between the hours of 11 AM and noon) that didn't count because the deck had an extra card.

Sucks.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:25 PM

Any idea what that jackpot would have been worth?

Man, that does suck.

EDIT: By the way, this thread has some good content. I never knew the rule about extra cards in the deck.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what that jackpot would have been worth?

Man, that does suck.

EDIT: By the way, this thread has some good content. I never knew the rule about extra cards in the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

super jackpot used to be (prob still is) 100k

i hit a 5k jackpot at commerce. 20 min earlier, it would have been 100k. I've never been so sad to win 2k.