Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: donnie darko

its fantastic.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it sucked. Lots of people go on and on about how its the greatest movie ever. I think roughyl half of those people only say this because they think if they talk about how great donnie darko is, it somehow makes them cool

[/ QUOTE ]

i think most all people who bash on people who loved the movie, do it because they think it somehow makes them cool.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it sucked. Lots of people go on and on about how its the greatest movie ever. I think roughyl half of those people only say this because they think if they talk about how great donnie darko is, it somehow makes them cool

[/ QUOTE ]

i think most all people who bash on people who loved the movie, do it because they think it somehow makes them cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you did not just go there!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM

smurf sex talk
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its got a cool looking visual of a freaky-looking rabbit but absolutely no depth, creativity, or replay value, plus a grade-z science fiction explanation of what would otherwise be a completely retarded non-ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 09-12-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? you think that? i think the people you're describing could find much better sacred cows to knock. i think most all people who bash on people who loved Donnie Darko do it because they have eyes and a brain.

tangent universe, omfg, i hope he gets hit by a truck.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:01 PM

arrgh, that movie annoyed me soo much, unless your a fourteen year old gothic bitch, you are in no right 2 like this movie IT WAS HORRIBLE
Old 09-12-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
almost every thread i have read on it has been filled with, "it sucked, the only reason people like it is to feel cool."

i love how movie's that everyone hates become cult movies then because everyone then likes them thus ruining the culty part of it all, then everyone bashes people for liking it because it has then become pop or mainstream. [censored] that it's a movie and meant for opinion.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i was going to write this but now glad i didn't since i didn't read ahead.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:07 PM

oh hey thanks, i forgot that i have absolutely no ability whatsoever in regard to distinction or judgement of a subjective work.

i really though the reasons for what you said though were amazing. im clearly flabbergasted as i have no retort whatsoever for the points you brought up in contention.

excellent response, you are truly a man of letters.