Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Watching 215s, playing the 22s-33s

i suck at comedy.

citanul
Old 09-12-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i suck at comedy.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

awww citanul, why did you change your post around? that was funny, ok here it what the above post said for those who missed it....

[ QUOTE ]

tepop is nick.

no one is protecting him.

nick said to look at hands by much much much better players.

sponger then pasted in some hand that i guess was played by nick, where he lost.

nick i don't think said to watch his games or anything like that.

i am however, honestly confused at what the point or joke behind the original inclusion of said hand in this thread is supposed to be.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 PM

oh come now, you left out the fact that i also have deleted the post where i implied that you were a douchebag who has never added any value to any strategy forum.

citanul
Old 09-12-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) how did you decide which players were the top 200s players?
citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with the leader board and people who are spoken of with reference here and then tracked several of those players over a few hundred sng and found them to be winners. Yes, small sample size, I know... but considering the first two factors I'm feeling good about it.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh come now, you left out the fact that i also have deleted the post where i implied that you were a douchebag who has never added any value to any strategy forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, its not like you'd be wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Btw, I will stress more the value of looking at someones hand histories since I ruined this thread...

Its really easy to get a ton of information from them. Having trouble accumulating chips early? You can just look at their VPIP and all the hands they've played at 10/15 level. Or maybe you don't know what you should do when you flop 3rd pair HU from the BB....

Its really nice cause its just like a personalized little STT forum in your poker tracker.

Also, while youre playing you can just sit around and watching in the replayer which is convenient.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) how did you decide which players were the top 200s players?
citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with the leader board and people who are spoken of with reference here and then tracked several of those players over a few hundred sng and found them to be winners. Yes, small sample size, I know... but considering the first two factors I'm feeling good about it.

Thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You watched people for a few hundred SNGs!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, its not like you'd be wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Btw, I will stress more the value of looking at someones hand histories since I ruined this thread...

Its really easy to get a ton of information from them. Having trouble accumulating chips early? You can just look at their VPIP and all the hands they've played at 10/15 level. Or maybe you don't know what you should do when you flop 3rd pair HU from the BB....

Its really nice cause its just like a personalized little STT forum in your poker tracker.

Also, while youre playing you can just sit around and watching in the replayer which is convenient.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot the most important (and hardest) part - getting a top player to give you enough HHs (if any) to be relevant.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you forgot the most important (and hardest) part - getting a top player to give you enough HHs (if any) to be relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Its not like I'm looking to find out his ROI

So far (*ahem* wink wink) I have 32 HH's, which I think is good enough for most things I want to know.