Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: how to play a super aggrsive player

That should give you an even bigger edge then. You just need to pay real close attention and make notes after playing about how he plays various types of hands postflop so that you can take maximum advantage while not falling into traps when he actually has a hand. And if you do play back headsup with marginal hands he will gamble more and pay you off in turn when you have the nuts.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:52 PM

ty bluff,1 more qustion would u play minnium take outs or one big take out?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:01 PM

If by takeout you mean buyin, then you should buyin for an amount where you can buyin at least 3 times because his play will make your variance higher. And if you mean when should you quit, that's up to you but I would want to have a chance to make the most off this guy or other players tilted by him so I wouldn't leave until either he did or the game was no longer good. If I built up a big stack though I would not play back as much with marginal hands since the blinds and amounts of average preflop raises would no longer be hurting you so bad when you fold.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM

bluff,in your opinion what is a good way to break his rythem,and have him tilting?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM

The way I take out a super-aggr player is Omaha is to check-raise and bet into him regularly. Not every hand, usually only when I am heads-up. Super-aggr make their profits by getting marginal hands to fold and occasionally getting their big hands to pay off. I prefer to sit directly across from super-aggro. The thing not to do is to play passively, unless you have a good-great hand like top or 2nd boat. Then it's time for rope-a-dope.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I take out a super-aggr player is Omaha is to check-raise and bet into him regularly. Not every hand, usually only when I am heads-up. Super-aggr make their profits by getting marginal hands to fold and occasionally getting their big hands to pay off. I prefer to sit directly across from super-aggro. The thing not to do is to play passively, unless you have a good-great hand like top or 2nd boat. Then it's time for rope-a-dope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't i see you do this to therempel the other night?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:35 PM

You must be thinking of the other joewatch.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluff,in your opinion what is a good way to break his rythem,and have him tilting?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't and you don't want to even if you could because that is what allows you to exploit his play.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to end up check-raising a tricky player when you're in a spot where you're a marginal favorite or a big dog a lot of the time.

For instance, I raised somelike like QJJ9 OTB the other day, the flop came 78T rainbow and I bet out 2/3 of the pot on the flop. You smoothcalled and I knew you had at best 69. Unfortunately the donkey on your left pushed his top set and sucked out or I would have had all your money. Playing aggro against aggro generally only results in a shoving match in which you are a short and long term dog.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing aggro against aggro generally only results in a shoving match in which you are a short and long term dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Isn't that just even money? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]