Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: O/8 Help

I made the post without reading the others in the thread first. Apparently, you play very tight. It just had me thinking about how you can keep up with the blinds because you'd be lucky to play a few hands an hour? Is the game you're in super-loose and all your opponents brain-dead and not realizing how few hands you must be playing? If so, I really need to play wherever you are. I bet you're on Paradise, huh?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: O/8 Help

[ QUOTE ]
It just had me thinking about how you can keep up with the blinds because you'd be lucky to play a few hands an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have my PT stats, but I do play plenty of hands. I'm not saying you can only place suited aces. I'm just saying that you should have a reasonable chance of scooping the pot. I would estimate my VPIP at somewhere around 20%. That's a lot tigher than my HE play, and that's as it should be.

You do understand that I'm happy to play a hand full of Broadway cards with no low potential, right?

[ QUOTE ]

Is the game you're in super-loose and all your opponent
s brain-dead and not realizing how few hands you must be playing? If so, I really need to play wherever you are. I bet you're on Paradise, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play primarily at PokerStars and UltimateBet. My handle is SheridanCat, so look me up. It is certain that I play tighter than most other players at the tables I play at. Do other players notice? Probably. I have no problem with that.

Regards,

T