Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Round 2: What is your play?
Rock. 48 30.19%
Paper. 68 42.77%
Scissors. 43 27.04%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Quick Vote! Do You Raise, Call, or Fold this River?

as everyone else said - a call is good.

Good job, BTW - clear and consise post with only one or two points of contention to discuss -

RB
Old 09-09-2005, 07:07 AM

i haven't read any responses, but i just call. i highly doubt a worse hand is paying off, but a better one sure will.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM

Does nobody else fold this one pre-flop? AQo against a raise really isn't all that, and with ~15BB left you can't afford to waste chips, but have plenty of time to find a better opportunity.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:59 PM

Trust me, I thought long and hard about folding preflop, but then decided to just see what the flop looked like. He had a huge chip lead and was definitely stealing blinds like it was his job.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Result (Vote First - Then Read This)

[ QUOTE ]
Given his hand, if you raise, he's not calling anyway.

If i didn't know his hand...If you raise and he calls, you could very well be beaten by the ace of hearts who was weary of the full house possibility....I just dont see a lower heart calling a river raise here. If you raise and are re-raised you are most certainly beat adn just threw away more chips. I like just calling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. calling is the only thing you should do here. Think about all teh things that beat you, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], any set. I don't know who's worse, you or your friend. You had no business being in that hand w/ that flop, as far as I'm concerned you sucked out big time (even though we know his hand now, there's no way you should be thinking you're ahead on that flop).
Old 09-09-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had no business being in that hand w/ that flop, as far as I'm concerned you sucked out big time (even though we know his hand now, there's no way you should be thinking you're ahead on that flop).

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Are you serious? Guy bets 800 into an 8,000 pot, and you just want me to drop everything and fold it right then and there? Gimme a break....
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 PM

The dude raised 3x the BB from UTG PF. You got lucky this time, but 95% of the time a min bet post flop is AK or better here, begging for action. Min bets are the most consistant tells of a monster.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:39 PM

I call and expect to lose to KK or Ah

Edit: Oh and push or fold preflop
Old 09-09-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got lucky this time, but 95% of the time a min bet post flop is AK or better here, begging for action. Min bets are the most consistant tells of a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

I've noticed you have an irrational fear of 'monsters under the bed' when it comes to min raises and min bets. Somewhere else I read that 80% of ep min raises are KK-AA. Maybe these percentages you throw out are just hyperbole, but overall I think this is exploitable. (assuming anyone is paying attention. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 PM

From the action here, I think it's safe to assume that UTG+1 has a hand in the following range: QQ-77, AQ-AT. I think AA-KK pushes on the flop, as does 66-55, and AK.

With no reads, I call this river easily as no better hand is going to fold to a raise and no worse hand will normally call, even though if you raise to all-in (~8800), he's going to have to call 5600 into a ~23000 pot...... might be a call for some worse hands getting almost 4-1 to call, but it's thin.

I think calling is the play here as even if you lose the hand, you still have 11 BBs left, and a bit of room to navigate some.