Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: K K-hand.

Will everyone who suggest betting the turn give me a good reason to.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 AM

I just open push the river. What's with the tiny bet? You're not getting away from this anyway, and he will just call the small bet with a J most of the time. Other than that, it all looks good to me.

EDIT: No reason to think he has a jack. If he has QQ/TT-88, he will likely just call your small bet. And call a push more than 40-ish% of the time they call the small bet.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will everyone who suggest betting the turn give me a good reason to.

[/ QUOTE ]

88, 99, TT, QQ and oddly played AJ.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

88, 99, TT, QQ and oddly played AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will they call a turn bet very often?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just open push the river. What's with the tiny bet? You're not getting away from this anyway, and he will just call the small bet with a J most of the time. Other than that, it all looks good to me.

EDIT: No reason to think he has a jack. If he has QQ/TT-88, he will likely just call your small bet. And call a push more than 40-ish% of the time they call the small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the right river plan

ps, funny hand yesterday, KJ I raise in LP btn calls, K 7 4r flop. I bet half pot he calls, turn is 7, I check he bets like 1/5th pot I call, river 7 I move in (he was like 50bb stack...) he types in "44" and folds. Always nice to go runner runner on a set. Did you r-r 22 here? Always possible.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will they call a turn bet very often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really depends on his level of thinking, what he reads you for, what he thinks you will read him for, all that jazz.

Obviously if you think he will definitely make a laydown here because you continue to represent a big pair on the turn then you played it 100% correctly. I however think that most opponents be they novice or fairly decently, are not easily laying down 99, TT, especially QQ.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct line. Alternative is check-call.

The river bet served as a blocker, which of course is wrong. When I played it I for some reason misread the size of the pot when it got to the river (thought it was $55-60). And since I blocked and got raised, I had to fold.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Really depends on his level of thinking, what he reads you for, what he thinks you will read him for, all that jazz.

Obviously if you think he will definitely make a laydown here because you continue to represent a big pair on the turn then you played it 100% correctly. I however think that most opponents be they novice or fairly decently, are not easily laying down 99, TT, especially QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, he had not done anything stupid in 150 hands.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:33 AM

I don't see how calling a turn bet with QQ is stupid. Plus I don't think you can assume he has the correct standards for calling a turn bet just because he hasn't done anything stupid yet, against the majority of players I've seen thus far at 100NL your KK is going to be golden.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 AM

Calling a turn bet with QQ against a TAG is borderline stupid. Calling with anything worse is stupid. We don't want to bet just because he can call with exactly on holding that we want him to call with.