Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Anyone familiar with PS 2/4 sixmax?

Link
Great software! Haven't used it for a while though so check if it still works (in case PS updated their software, banned the program etc)
Old 09-08-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also there is very little difference from the stars 2/4 6m to its 3/6 6m, so you can move up and get used to the slightly larger stakes without too much trouble. I should be on there next week clearing $500 in old bonuses at the 3/6 tables feel free to drop some money in my games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

from my very limited experience the 3/6 games on stars were default crappy, and occassionally pretty good, but not party 3/6 level by anymeans
Old 09-08-2005, 09:53 PM

StarSpy still works, I use it often.

Quick rundown after you download it:

1. Select capture tables.
2. Go into pokerstars and open as many full/mostly full tables you'd like to observe (they will auto-hide themselves).
3. Go into starspy and select stop capturing tables.
4. Select Grab Hand Histories.
5. Configure PT to look in that directory for HH files.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also there is very little difference from the stars 2/4 6m to its 3/6 6m, so you can move up and get used to the slightly larger stakes without too much trouble. I should be on there next week clearing $500 in old bonuses at the 3/6 tables feel free to drop some money in my games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

from my very limited experience the 3/6 games on stars were default crappy, and occassionally pretty good, but not party 3/6 level by anymeans

[/ QUOTE ]

Limited sample size -- 4k over the past couple of days (4k in 2 days, actually, since I haven't needed to play since then). Was bonus clearing, played as many hands as possible (32/28/2.7 or something ridiculous like that), and the games were incredibly soft. Very passive, very easy to deal with. Haven't played the Party so I can't compare. Left up about 170-175BB over 4k hands, and that was trying to play as laggy as possible as to generate raked pots so I could clear my $480 worth of bonuses. Between the Stars 5/10 and 3/6 games, I think I was up about $1200 over a little over 4k hands.

Rob
Old 09-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Clayton, I haven't played the Party 1/2 short in a while but you won't have any trouble with the Stars 2/4 short game.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limited sample size -- 4k over the past couple of days (4k in 2 days, actually, since I haven't needed to play since then). Was bonus clearing, played as many hands as possible (32/28/2.7 or something ridiculous like that), and the games were incredibly soft. Very passive, very easy to deal with. Haven't played the Party so I can't compare. Left up about 170-175BB over 4k hands, and that was trying to play as laggy as possible as to generate raked pots so I could clear my $480 worth of bonuses. Between the Stars 5/10 and 3/6 games, I think I was up about $1200 over a little over 4k hands.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was as good as you, I did play them a little today, pretty good games
Old 09-09-2005, 04:37 AM

Would pokerstars be more profitable than empire + rakeback? Or would rakeback make up for any of the difference?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would pokerstars be more profitable than empire + rakeback? Or would rakeback make up for any of the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to imagine Stars being more profitable than Empire, period. Rakeback just makes it that much more of a rout.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also there is very little difference from the stars 2/4 6m to its 3/6 6m, so you can move up and get used to the slightly larger stakes without too much trouble. I should be on there next week clearing $500 in old bonuses at the 3/6 tables feel free to drop some money in my games

[/ QUOTE ]

I may dip into the games this weekend, but if I see your name any where I will probably find a new table. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]