Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2003, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Monthly Flat Rate

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Now if only 24h was pokertracker compatible, had a 10% deposit bonus (for all deposits from 2+2 members), and had 3x the US traffic I would be over there in a heartbeat

[/ QUOTE ]

And didn't charge for cashouts....

But I'm keeping my eye on them...we shall see what happens, 500 hands isn't THAT bad.

jHE
Old 04-23-2003, 03:15 PM

"I will payback all rake less $100" I assume he meant $100 is the max. for your $150 example, you get $50 back. The only fine print I think wsa left out was the start data: is it the first of the month, or the monthly anniversary of your account. I assume it will be the 1st.

The IGNORE is to fool spam bots: programs which troll the internet looking for email. Take out the ignore and the address should work.

I like it, I like. It's win-win: the player's savings (per-hand) increases with hands played, not drops off after a hand requirement is met. I'm going to sign up.

zooey

p.s. And anybody who wants to give this guy grief for spam needs to rethink: he didn't start this thread, and respnded creatively to someone else's suggestion. Imagination like that needs to be encouraged.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:30 PM

"All rake less $100" sounds to me like you only pay $100 in rake max per month. If you had $600 raked, you get $500 back..
Old 04-23-2003, 03:42 PM

Many sites already give you back a rake rebate. Pokerroom gives you a points system where the avg 1/2 player makes 30 cents an hour. Pacific has a policy where for every 10 dollars you bet you recieve 1 point in rebate points and at a hundred you get a dollar credited to your account granted these rebates are neglible but it's not realistic to expect these sites to not have a decent rake. Most live games the rake is worse at low limits plus you have to pay for gas, food etc. Online play is still the way to go.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:49 PM

2. For the remainder of 2003 I will pay back all rake less $100 on a monthly basis (before the 10th every month).

I want to be clear on this, so I'll use my numbers from another site for an example. I played 18,000+ hands in March with a total rake of $41,584.00. Your formula means "my" share is 1/10 of that (assuming full table at all times, not accurate, but good enough for this example), or $4,158.40. You are proposing to pay back all rake, less $100, meaning I would have received $4,058.40 back? Do I have this right?
Old 04-23-2003, 06:47 PM

That's correct.
Best regards
Old 04-23-2003, 06:48 PM

Thats correct.

Best regards
Old 04-23-2003, 06:50 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Ok I just wanted to clarify a few things about this deal:

1. You will give back up to $100 off the rake that you collect per month? Does that mean if you took $150 I get back 100? What about if I paid only $70 in rake do I get back $70 or do you have to have more than $100 to collect. If this is the case is it like you get back $100 or nothing?

2. Why does your email say @24hpokerIGNORE.com that would make me think that my response will automatically be put in the recyclebin so i didn't email you but wanted further clarification on here i guess

3. what is the thing about comping a free pizza that someone else posted about 24hoker?

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
1. No, You will get all rake less $100. So you would get $50 back if your total rake was $150.
2. Spam would clog my mailbox otherwise. Remove the ignore-part.
3. Wow that's a new domain to register...
Old 04-23-2003, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Fine print

Someone asked about the fine print and I can't find the post now.

I will clarify: Each period will start the first of each month. Otherwise I would get too much administration on my hands. I will however stick to the deal, should you get more than $100 in rake in April as well.

Best regards
Old 04-23-2003, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Fine print

Hi Stefan,

You have interested me. I just downloaded the site but there seems to be no games going at all. The sites I play at now have great table selection and it seems like you don't have any games in the 2-4, 3-6, 5-10 range ( which I play ) Because it is a European site are your peak hrs at different times. If so at what times do you have the most players playing holdem?. ... I will check during those hours. I play alot of hours on line and would definatly give your site a go if there were a few games going.

I like the fact that you seem committed to building the site and are trying to bring in new players. Good Luck.

How about a 20% bonus for your first deposit, collected after playing raked hands. Maybe I missed that.

If you are prepared to offer 2 + 2 members a deal like this surely you have the ability to put on a great promo for a few months to attract new players ( personally I do not want to play at a site that has a few tables and its all 2+2 members, the games would be way too tough and imo they would not last) The beauty about the net is game selection ... the regulars who are making $$ playing need decent games to make $$, so the casual players are needed on the site.

I started playing at pokerstars again when they offered a 20% bonus on any deposit during a specific time period ( old or new players ) I played my required hands like everyone else and the site was busy. Since this promo the site seemed busier and i sometimes play there now as they seem to have new players now ( still tougher games than most sites though ) and better game selection.

My suggestion would be to offer a limited time ( say 1 or 2 weeks ) whereby you will match 100% any bonus that a player makes ( up to say 500 or 1000 dollars ) and creat have a points system whereby this $$ is released as the amount of raked hands are completed. Surely you could create a break even proposition whereby you reward your new members so that they are basically paying no rake ( or max $100 worked out with some formula ) for 3 to 6 months.
Then every once in a while during the 6 months offer the same again ( maybe once a month whereby regular players could make $500 or $1000 in bonuses if they played alot )
This type of forward thinking IMO could create big enough community so that there are games going on all the time. This is what you need.

The recent 100 more bonus offered at party ( new players basically got $200 in bonuses for playing 1000 raked hands after a deposit of $500 ) was a great promo to bring new players in and also to bring old players back to try it out.
I now play there alot and they have definatly made some decent coin of me. I'm happy and so are they.

Just some suggestions that could attract alot of business and players over a 6 month period which I would think it would take to start up a regular playing community.

Don't just try and attract the 2+2 players because we will not play in a game that is full of breakeven or winning players. It won't last.

Anyway best of luck and I look forward to your response. Send me a personal message if you want.

Instinct