Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Q. about average stack #

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say you have 18000 chips, and blinds are 600/1200, going up to 1000/2000 in 2 minutes. Your current M is 10, but in 2 minutes it will be shrinking to a mere 6. Splashing around in pots is no longer an option. You can't afford to bleed chips, you are trying to conserve to be able to double up for as much as possible. You can't limp hands you would normally in early positions, and you often have to give up on decent pot odd situations with hands like connectors. You also have to be aware that other player's hand ranges for moving all in become drastically bigger. For example, a Player pushing all in from middle position with 9000 chips can often be safely put on a range of any PP, Any two face cards, A8+o, and often players in this spot will push any suited ace. This is considering it was folded up to him. A big stack that can afford to risk the chips for a call calls with Ace/10. Ace 10 is often considered trash early on, but now it dominates or is a coinflip to most of villain's range. Paying attention to M will improve your tourney success more than anything else. I hope I don't sound to much like ol' Harry, but he pretty much summed M up perfectly in his book.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep this is perfectly put.. I think it's the single most important thing to keep track of.. and luckily, the easiest thing! (along with the M's of the other people)

You see so many people get dwindled away to like 2-3X the pot before making a move, when they should have went in maybe 10 minutes ago.. now even if they double up they're not going anywhere
Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if you have 2000 chips, and blinds are 50/100, you have an M of roughly 6 and a half.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhhh, 2000 divided by 150 equals a little over 13, not 6 1/2.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM

I was thinking 100/200 but for some reason wrote 50/100 >< even in writing this I was about to write 50/100 while thinking of the other [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] WEWPS