Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Not wanting a girlfriend

[ QUOTE ]
i like to think i would get married some day.

i dont see it anytime in the near future at all, but as many people have pointed out, im only 12 years old, so i have a ways to go.

seriously though, i dont see anything wrong with it. if your libido doesnt crave the attention, then whatever, its your life. obviously getting married is about finding happiness (right? or is this still a naive view?), it obviously wouldnt make you happy to settle down. why put yourself in that position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my libido is satisified 99% of the time, just from, "friends" etc. But, the second part of your post is what Im asking about. You equate being married as finding happiness, Im already happy, and content with my life, and a having to commit to someone, and give up my selfish, immature, personality, is not something Im looking to do right now.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:11 PM

sounds like you have your answer then.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you have your answer then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, but am I a freak, for it.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:14 PM

If you're happy, I'd just live life. Take it as it comes. Someday a certain woman will pique your interest and if it's meant to progress it will. At 23 I wouldn't be thinking about marriage any time soon even if I had a g/f for sometime.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:17 PM

nope. i dont think getting married would make me a better person right now.

say even i meet a girl i would marry, i am definately too immature and selfish to go trough with that. unless there was some sort of time limit, (i had to decide in a week), but if i were given some ultimatum like that at this time, she definately wouldnt be the girl i would want to marry anyway.

no freak, i'd say yyou have a good level of personal honesty.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:23 PM

I think people are getting together to solve problems that they didn't have before. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 06:26 PM

im the same.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:43 PM

do whatever makes you the most happy. If you want to bang mad bitches, then bang mad bitches. If you want a relationship, then work on finding a relationship. I'm 25 and have never had a GF mainly cause I haven't really wanted one, one night stands have been more fun and easier. As long as you have no problem with who you are then really, who gives a [censored] about what society/anyone else think. You're young, enjoy yourself cause we all have plenty of years to live the rat race
Old 09-05-2005, 11:17 PM

I have definitely been living life as you have. I had a long term girlfriend in HS/College. First love, etc. Since that, I have definitely been happier without a GF. Hands down, no question.

Lately though, I've definitely been having that urge for a LT girl. I fight it man, I really do, but I just feel like my life at the present time (just graduated from school, 26 yo, friends matching up) there is a lot of "pressure" in a way.

I'm very conscious of the pressure, and I really do fight it. But I'm really starting to believe that I am subject to some internal physiological need that I can't control . . .
Old 09-05-2005, 11:24 PM

I felt the same way for quite sometime. You arent a freak. But after years of having 10 different girls, i grew tired of the scene. It felt shadow and now i have a GF too. I think eventually you will want one because you dont want to be the old man at the club and need to find someone who will bang you even when you become fat and old......