Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: The tyranny of the majority (long)

[ QUOTE ]
i'd def vote yes on a SS STT forum and a Mid-High STT forum

cutoff probably being the 55's

[/ QUOTE ]

They say there wont be enough posts to keep the high limit board going and the low limit players want advice from the more experienced players. I still want it to be split up though.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They say there wont be enough posts to keep the high limit board going and the low limit players want advice from the more experienced players. I still want it to be split up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I've kicked around the notion in my head I've decided it wouldn't be a good idea. Perhaps it's the years I've spent in Martial Arts classes, where all levels are always in the same group, but I think both the higher and lower level players benefit from the interaction. Confucius say "He who teaches learns twice."

Besides, there are plenty of excellent players who play at lower limits because they don't (yet) have the roll to move up, or just don't want to. Where would they go?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where would they go?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd go low...its SMALL STAKES not inexperienced.

I find it hard to wade through all of the crap here and don't read as many threads as I probably should because of this...and i thereby am missing a ton of good threads/posts i'm sure.

i think there DEFINATELY would be enuff people posting in mid/hi just because of this fact, i'm sure i'm not the only one.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where would they go?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd go low...its SMALL STAKES not inexperienced.

I find it hard to wade through all of the crap here and don't read as many threads as I probably should because of this...and i thereby am missing a ton of good threads/posts i'm sure.

i think there DEFINATELY would be enuff people posting in mid/hi just because of this fact, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. And in other sections of this site, the higher limit posters still post advice in the smaller stakes forums.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is some value in breaking the board into 800 chip and 1000 chip games. That being said, doing that is only necessary because of 2+2's moderation policy being so lenient with posters. If they made three or four additional moderators and let them remove OT posts and ban posters this would all likely be a non-issue.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:40 PM

ok i put this as a new thread, sorry atticus...didn't know if this would be a hi-jack or not and hopefully everybody will weigh in...i also PM'd citanul, lets try and get this done if anybody else is interested...
Old 09-05-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good post Atticus. you've touched on alot of ideas that i've had in my head, of which, i quite couldn't put into words.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2005, 10:48 PM

Good post atticus. I agree with a lot of what you said.

One thing that I think you misunderstand: When you are looking at a push/fold situation, it is pretty much a pure math play. The fact that you look like you are on tilt and/or have pushed the last 4 hands DOES matter. You just adjust the calling ranges of your opponents and re-evaluate. There really shouldn't be too much need for discussing it further, except for maybe talking about how opponents adjust their calling ranges depending on prior hands.

But yeah, other than that, feel free to start any concept/non-standard posts that you wish to discuss. If you feel you aren't getting the responses you wanted, PM me and I'll respond in the thread with some thought behind it.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is some value in breaking the board into 800 chip and 1000 chip games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars has 1,500 chip games.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd def vote yes on a SS STT forum and a Mid-High STT forum

cutoff probably being the 55's

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strategy and other. If you get all the bankroll, bad runs, social stuff, there will not be too many posts. Yes I know everyone will still post thier bad beat stories in the strategy forum..