Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Gasp! Percy actually overplayed his hand!

[ QUOTE ]

It also possible Percy thinks that Hero was restealing light on 3rd because it is possible that Percy was stealing initially. Depends on what Percy thinks of your play. But if this were the case, he might raise 5th with only one pair, hoping that Hero will fold with just overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he'd be a fool to think so. I don't think I've ever made a play like that with the 20/40 structure the way it is. If he was thinking that, then he was waaaaaay off.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only way that king helped him is if he started with buried kings; that won’t be the case very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

or 7-K-7, which is a very possible starting hand for him

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t think he would raise you with that on 5th. Even if he would, I still think it’s a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe in theory, but I think even the best of us would have a hard time making this kind of raise. Whenever someone decent raises me with a board that is not at all scary, my first thought is trips, and my second thought is a big pocket pair.

If you're telling me that you would have been able to put him on 10s up based on his raise of 5th, then #1 I bow to your mad skillz and #2 why aren't you on the 20/40 tables 24/7 making crazy cash?

Anyway, in theory a raise would have been good, but even if I had, I'm very confident he wouldn't have called the river without having improved, so I don't believe I missed a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down. I never said I could put him on tens up; all I said was that it looked like a raise to me.
Actually though, your right. It’s a call.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think I'm not calm?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're telling me that you would have been able to put him on 10s up based on his raise of 5th, then #1 I bow to your mad skillz and #2 why aren't you on the 20/40 tables 24/7 making crazy cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know Roland is a solid player and poster. No need to take shots like this. Also, just because 20/40 is the biggest game doesn't make it the most profitable.

* What do we think of Percy's river check?

** I'd love to see a 15/30 with the same structure as the 3/6 tables.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It also possible Percy thinks that Hero was restealing light on 3rd because it is possible that Percy was stealing initially. Depends on what Percy thinks of your play. But if this were the case, he might raise 5th with only one pair, hoping that Hero will fold with just overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he'd be a fool to think so. I don't think I've ever made a play like that with the 20/40 structure the way it is. If he was thinking that, then he was waaaaaay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, given the tight 20/40 structure. In another game it be more likely, although still not very.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know Roland is a solid player and poster. No need to take shots like this. Also, just because 20/40 is the biggest game doesn't make it the most profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What shot? What I wrote wasn't meant to be a shot, it was serious. I respect Roland's opinion as a regular 2+2er, and if he's capable of making these kinds of reads, I truly think he ought to be playing at the highest possible limits to maximize his $$$, especially when the consensus is that the other stud tables have "dried up."

I meant no offense.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What shot? What I wrote wasn't meant to be a shot, it was serious. I respect Roland's opinion as a regular 2+2er, and if he's capable of making these kinds of reads, I truly think he ought to be playing at the highest possible limits to maximize his $$$, especially when the consensus is that the other stud tables have "dried up."

I meant no offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best players cannot always play at the highest Party limits due to bankroll constraints independent of poker.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best players cannot always play at the highest Party limits due to bankroll constraints independent of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one of the best players, even though I do think I'm good enough to play higher than $1/$2. But I manage to pay my rent playing $1/$2 with very little risk. My style fits the ante structure of Stars $1/$2, and I'm not willing to risk enough to play Party's $3/$6 yet. If I weren't a graduate student getting married in 9 months, I'd probably gamble it up and play $5/$10 with a small bankroll.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one of the best players, even though I do think I'm good enough to play higher than $1/$2.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but I was referring to Roland. I haven't seen you play, but I'm sure you are a solid player too.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one of the best players, even though I do think I'm good enough to play higher than $1/$2.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but I was referring to Roland. I haven't seen you play, but I'm sure you are a solid player too.

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken. I didn't figure you were referring to me at all. I was just backing up your claim that stakes played don't necessarily equate to quality of play.