Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Crazy Pushes $22 sng

Hand 1 seems about right. Especially since you have the limper pegged as weak.

Hand 2 has gotta be a fold though. 75 chips just isn't that much and there is bound to be a better spot later. 66 is a pretty weak hand.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Another argument for the first push is that since there is a limper, the players behind you will be less inclined to call due to the risk of limper calling after them. I think it is a good push.
I would fold the second hand.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:17 AM

1st one is definitely good. 88 with one limper is too much or an opportunity to pass up.

2nd one is a little closer, but I'd opt to fold it.

The thing about these hands is that they're both in MP. If you were in the CO/button and saw the rest of the table fold, then these would become auto-pushes (yes, even with your 12 BB stack). But in UTG+2 or whatever, there's too much of a risk you're taking to win the blinds.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Pushing the first hand is risky, but I like it and would proabably play it the same way. t125 is a significant amount of chips relative to your stack, and taking a coinflip isn't horrible at this point. Given that the blinds are going up soon, I think folding is giving up too much EV. Limping and making a standard raise to ~200 are both out of the question.

The second hand is terrible. You have 13BBs, and are pushing with 4 people yet to act behind you. You need a lot more than 66 for this to be correct, especially considering the loose calling stansards at the 22s. Just muck the hand.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Make a standard raise with both hands and play accordingly. You still have an ok stack, don't get that desperate yet. T175 is good for hand 1, T150 is good for hand 2. Fold to excess action. If 158 overs come on the flop, so be it; play postflop poker.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 AM

definitely neither one of the hands are all in situations. Raise....try and see a flop hope to catch a set and trap someone. Otherwise you can fold without hesitation, in both situations. Medium pairs like this shouldn't be overplayed like this cause usually if you get called your behind, except for the rare instances. Most times your behind if someone calls though
Old 09-03-2005, 11:59 AM

First hand looks good.

Second hand could be a fold, or even a limp/fold. I don't think you are necessarily in push/fold territory here. But I also hate making a raise with your stack with 66 from EP if its not a push. I probably limp here some of the time, and just fold it some of the time.