Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Early AQ hand

what good is limping with AQs? Gives the field way too many chances to hit their hand. Get lost real easy in this situation
Old 09-02-2005, 11:53 PM

I didn't advocate limping. Making it 50 after 2 limpers is fairly pointless.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:59 PM

i don't appreciate you posting a picture of MY g/f on YOUR profile. But a raise is in order here, and 50 isn't really going to do the trick. I'd say 100 straight would limit them. Again, what is with all these pop ups? Great googly moogly
Old 09-03-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What purpose does raising to 50 serve?

[/ QUOTE ]

what purpose does limping serve?

whether it's 50 or 80, i believe you end up being less befuddled with this hand [still assuming multiple callers consistent with $10 + 1 games] when UTG goes all-in. say the pot on the flop is now:

[ QUOTE ]
t250

[/ QUOTE ]

it now represents alot more of UTG's stack. if you bet t350 and he reraises all-in, what's your play? it would be an easy call for me.

but betting t150 into an t87.50 pot on the flop when you failed to show any aggression beforehand, then get reraised all-in, why make it harder on yourself?
Old 09-03-2005, 01:16 AM

The difference between 50 and 80 is significant. 50 doesn't clear anything up, because not only are the EP limpers priced in to call, but so is any pair after you.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:17 AM

Mistake number one is not raising pre-flop. I'd like to know how the hand ended, but I'm sure He flopped two pair. Most likely, A7. It's entirely possible he moved with a flush draw, maybe he had Kx of spades in his hand, but I'd bet on the ace seven. Maybe ace three suited. If he held either of those hands, a good player would have probably folded to a raise pre-flop (you did say this was early, right?).
Mistake number two is betting so much on the flop. It looks like you're trying to buy it and a lot of low-limit players will move in on you with a decent draw like the flush draw because if they think you're trying to buy it, you can't call that.
Just, from now on, late position, unraised, you gotta take the lead with a hand like aq suited. It helps you define your opponents hands on the later streets.
I hope you didn't call the all-in.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know how the hand ended, but I'm sure He flopped two pair. Most likely, A7. It's entirely possible he moved with a flush draw, maybe he had Kx of spades in his hand, but I'd bet on the ace seven. Maybe ace three suited. If he held either of those hands, a good player would have probably folded to a raise pre-flop (you did say this was early, right?).
I hope you didn't call the all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't call. I folded. He showed his cards...
Results in white:

<font color="white"> </font>
Old 09-03-2005, 02:19 PM

I'm sorry, what were the cards?