Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Moving up in buy-ins (L/C)

One more thought. You don't have to move up all 4 tables at once. Curtains made an excellent post a while back about his formula for moving up or back down 1 table at a time depending on how many buyins he was up or down. It really was a good post, highly recommended reading IMO. Of course if you're comfortable going 33 all 4 at once fine but if you should suffer a setback I would search for this post.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:08 PM

I have a different theory on all of this 45s.

I agree with what you are saying but I believe there is another angle. The 20/30 players think they are playing right when they are tightening up near the bubble. The 10 players often don't do this and still push/call there hands like KT, A5 etc. The 10 players are actually making less error by loosening up near the bubble where the 20/30 player (the bad players) are tightening up too much. I have personally found the 20's to be much easier then the 10's and the 30's to be somewhat easier then the 10's but harder then the 20's.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adrenaline pumping

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to have this when I first started playing the $55s. I would think about each and every decision, use a calculator to calculate precise pot odds, my M, etc, and would take notes on the players like crazy.

Then, it became boring. I started 8-tabling. Now it's just a grind. I played one 100+9 just for kicks a couple weeks ago and my adrenaline was pumping again and I was playing my A+ game (more than pushbotting). Fun process [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 03:36 PM

I'm in the same boat-- I get bored at the 11s (and the 5.5s when I was that low, before August reinvigorated my bankroll). I've been playing the 22s, with the occasional 33. I don't multi them too heavily, though-- usually not more than two, occasionally 3-4 but I find that often breaks my concentration. I'm not ready for it.

In theory I could just multi the 11s twice as often and lower my variance, but this keeps me focused and at my A game, and so far the results have borne that out.

(I also use my SnG profits to fund the occasional MTT, and those have been kind in the last month as well.)

It could be that I'm focused because I'm putting myself through school this semester; poker earnings are doing a large part of footing that bill. So it means I have to play stakes where the winnings actually help; the only way I can play those stakes without overwhelming myself or potentially wrecking my bankroll is to play $22s, one or two tables at a time. If I get in 3-4 a day I'm happy, but I may just be running really good right now.