Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: At What Level Are People Not Morons?

Nope, it's not different at the 33's. At least not on Party.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:12 AM

Yeah, bluffing dry sidepots is another thing these morons do. I understand that it's a $16 SNG and the player's aren't totally familiar with proper strategy, but COMMON SENSE ALONE should tip off any human being that they gain nothing when bluffing a dry sidepot!

AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHH!!

Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 AM

Yeah, I hate playing morons.

Those guys that only know how to all-in, and don't understand standard raises etc. It sucks waiting for a good hand and then just taking their money.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, bluffing dry sidepots is another thing these morons do. I understand that it's a $16 SNG and the player's aren't totally familiar with proper strategy, but COMMON SENSE ALONE should tip off any human being that they gain nothing when bluffing a dry sidepot!

AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is definitely the most annoying thing about playing donks. I'm pretty happy about playing donks generally. Just seeing 2-3 donks at a table in the first few hands lets me know I'll be getting to the money, unless they get a lucky ace when their ace-rag stands up to my queens or whatever - but hey, still +EV in the long game.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just like, so you know...it's pretty sweet to play with people who don't know what they're doing. It's like +EV..or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing against weaker opponents: +EV

Playing against a field of opponents, with one weak huge stack, who either check-calls all ins with nothing at all, or limp-folds to short stacks getting huge odds: -EV

This is a rant by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you are the small stack. Then its +++++++EV
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just like, so you know...it's pretty sweet to play with people who don't know what they're doing. It's like +EV..or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing against a field of opponents, with one weak huge stack, who either check-calls all ins with nothing at all, or limp-folds to short stacks getting huge odds: -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like the big stack is giving away EV to everyone else at the table, what are you complaining about?
Playing against bad players is a wonderful thing. If you can't handle the swings that come with it though, then poker is probably not for you.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to share - played a game yesterday where the flop ended up A5342 rainbow - 2 guys and me were betting heavily up till then, with me driving it each time with an initial large bet of 1/2-1xpot (I had A3, but put the others on Ace-overs or flush draws, it was that type of game). The pot was pretty big, and I reckoned no-one had a 6. I put in a probe bet, hoping maybe one would fold. They both folded! The odds musta been 15/1!

Hehe. Donks are so 'special'.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Again this is annoying but compensated for when you make an any 2 push as a small stack get 3 calls,hit something like mid or bottom pair and Donk then bluffs evreryone else out of the pot with A high and you triple up and go onto take 1st place.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:32 AM

At What Level Are People Not Morons?

Usually at around Member or Journeyman, however some Carpal Tunnels are still idiots ,and some Newbies are very good posters, so you just have to go on the content more than the title.

Lori
Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 AM

I still haven't found that level.