Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: The Presidents Vacation Time

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you would post something from The Daily Show, word for word might I add, thats your news source?

[/ QUOTE ]

Point stands that Bush is not going to little league baseball games and bike riding in DC. Combine the fact that he is unwilling to speak frankly about the situation in Iraq with his decision to spend a month at his ranch, and that will piss people off justifiably.

When the country is beginning to lose suppport for a longer Iraq occupation, when security conditions are digressing, when troop training has not been efficient, and after all the strategic mistakes made (however understandable), I would like to see Bush in the midst of everything, demanding better results.

Of course, seriously considering options like the 18-month timetable, instead of the old straw man tactics, would be asking too much.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:50 PM

Bush has certainly given the impression that he dilly-dallys around a lot. Any fool could see that this hurricane was going to do major damage to a large portion of the U.S., but Bush stayed on vacation until after the hurricane had already hit.

I would hope that somebody in the federal government was making plans to get fresh drinking water to the Southern states before this hurricane hit, but it sure didn't seem that Bush was concerned about that.

The only thing I've seen Bush do since this hurricane disaster is give some BS speech about fighting the "terrorists" in Iraq. NEWS FLASH, MR. BUSH: THERE AREN'T ANY TERRORISTS IN IRAQ JUST LIKE THERE WEREN'T ANY WMDs THERE. The only thing I see in Iraq is people fighting to get us the hell out of their country. They hate us a little bit more each day we stay there.

This president is a joke and history will judge him harshly.
Summary of Bush policies
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 AM

Is there no problem in the world that with just a little imagination, one can make Bush's fault? Your anger is misplaced. Shouldn't the heads of organizations like FEMA have been the ones preparing such plans, as it is their job? It's not the president's job to plan for hurricanes, it's the job of the people who head these disaster relief agencies.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 AM

How would you feel if you were stuck in your attic for three days and then you finally get rescued and you find out the President vacationed through the beginning of this disaster? Now, not only has he slept through a foreign disaster (The Tsunami), he has slept through a domestic disaster. What is he good for?

He is supposed to be a conservative and he passed the biggest welfare package in history (the prescription-drug plan). There are Americans dieing and the President is on vacation. Do you not see anything wrong with that?

Furthermore, who do you think is ultimately in charge of an EXECUTIVE agency like FEMA? Ding, ding, ding. THE PRESIDENT! He looks like worthless scum in my eyes for his lack of response to this domestic disaster.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 AM

LOL.

You seem to really think that Bush is "on vacation" and not doing any real work in Texas. Why such unwarranted bitterness towards the fellow?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you feel if you were stuck in your attic for three days and then you finally get rescued and you find out the President vacationed through the beginning of this disaster?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't care in the least since I know that the President isn't really on vacation (in any meaningful sense of the word).

[ QUOTE ]
He is supposed to be a conservative and he passed the biggest welfare package in history (the prescription-drug plan).

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell does this have to do with anything!!?? FWIW, I wasn't a fan of the prescription drug plan, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

[ QUOTE ]
There are Americans dieing and the President is on vacation. Do you not see anything wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm quite sure there have been Americans dying since there was an America. The President can't stop death and he can't stop hurricanes. You'll use anything as an excuse to attack Bush.

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, who do you think is ultimately in charge of an EXECUTIVE agency like FEMA. Ding, ding, ding. THE PRESIDENT!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes...but the President has people in charge of putting together plans for such things so he doesn't have to do everything himself. It's called delegating. It's what people with limited time and unlimited demands on that time must do in order to get things done.

[ QUOTE ]
He looks like worthless scum in my eyes for his lack of response to this domestic disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really don't know anything, do you? Bush just gave this speech yesterday: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0050831-3.html
In it, he outlined what was being done and what needed to be done. But none of this probably matters to you. You're hatred for the man has blinded you to any sense of reason, hence your baseless attacks.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really don't know anything, do you? Bush just gave this speech yesterday:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. People were dieing on Monday and Bush waited until Tuesday to say anything. Part of being a leader is keeping the people promptly informed of what the United States is going to do when disaster strikes.

I can't believe there are still people in NO that have no fresh water. When the President is vacationing on the first day of a disaster and people are still without basic necessities on the third day I can't help but think that the President's lacksadaisical attitutude has seeped down to those beneath him and has caused people to die for lack of a prompt response.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to really think that Bush is "on vacation" and not doing any real work in Texas. Why such unwarranted bitterness towards the fellow?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) He got us into this mess in Iraq
2) He passed the biggest welfare plan in the history of the world
3) He waited too long to respond to the Tsunami disaster and people died because of it
4) He vacationed during the first part of the biggest disaster in American history. Whether he was actually vacationing or not is irrelevant. His silence on that first day was deafening.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there no problem in the world that with just a little imagination, one can make Bush's fault? Your anger is misplaced. Shouldn't the heads of organizations like FEMA have been the ones preparing such plans, as it is their job? It's not the president's job to plan for hurricanes, it's the job of the people who head these disaster relief agencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

FEMA do have very good plans for taking care of scenarios as has just taken place in NO. The problem, as always, is lack of funds to implement what thay know and have advised is necessary. Is that their fault?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:17 PM

I'm sure he micromanages every single branch he's in charge of.

Damn vacations.

Face it, the main issue you have is that he stands for something, it was easy to like Clinton, he didn't do a damn thing, so now you have an active pres. you complain about the timing of speeches