Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: If ______ city, USA disappeared tomorrow...

[ QUOTE ]
I meant that an Act of God is causing one of our cities to disappear, and while I'm not flaming on you or anything, I am humbly requesting we hold off on this discussion for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

what else should I hold off doing and for how long? can I play video games? watch movies? watch movies about natural disasters?

I think you are being silly by acting as if this thread has any relevance what so ever to the events transpiring in New Orleans and other areas.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are being silly by acting as if this thread has any relevance what so ever to the events transpiring in New Orleans and other areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I didn't even make the connection when he said "Act of God." (Some of you will appreciate that) I had no idea that's what they were talking about until you wrote this; this post has nothing to do with natural disasters or "Acts of God."

As for nuking a random Arab nation; I think it's a bad idea... say we did it, nuked some Arab city... they weren't responsible, next week another US city is gone, another Arab city, another US city... all of a sudden we aren't so sure it's the Arabs at all.. what now?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very simple.

we pick one arabic country and nuke it off the face of the earth. we then say if there is another attack we will pick another country.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, attack somebody who wasn't responsible, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, think of it like peer pressure but with the possibility that you may guess right as well. In other words a win win situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long is you're not in harm's way, who cares if a few million innocent people get nuked, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends which side said people are on. If they are on "my side" like the American's who died in the example then I would care a great deal, if they are not on my side, then I would care that I killed enough to for my side to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody 'wins' a nuclear exchange; the paradox of nukes is that their real power is supposed to lie in their deterrency factor BTW, we don't 'know' who was responsible for this theoretical attack. Why couldn't it have been France, Pakistan, or India? Why do we automatically pick to nuke an Arabic country? Do any of them even have nuclear capabilities?

If we get nuked by an unknown, I'm leaning toward France myself.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 AM

[quote
As for nuking a random Arab nation; I think it's a bad idea... say we did it, nuked some Arab city... they weren't responsible, next week another US city is gone, another Arab city, another US city... all of a sudden we aren't so sure it's the Arabs at all.. what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a simple point. Unfortunately, it's still too complicated for most of these people who have the attack-first mentality.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:45 AM

No amount of foreigner deaths matters as long as we "win," right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No amount of foreigner deaths matters as long as we "win," right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I'm glad someone finally sees it my way
Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for nuking a random Arab nation; I think it's a bad idea...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, sir. Instead of random, we would start with Saudi Arabia. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At what point would we be humbled? Could we be humbled? What would the current administration do? What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call jack bauer- wait a day- problem solved.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:28 AM

Default This Is a No Brainer.........

very simple.
we pick one arabic country and nuke it off the face of the earth. we then say if there is another attack we will pick another country.
The scenario depicted is not very realistic. The USA may not know exactly who was resposible but once the demands were made, then the USA would narrow the list of suspects down VERY quickly.

In the case of nuclear terrorism the list of suspects is VERY short. Saudia Arabia would be a top suspect of financing the nuclear weapon purchase (not necessarily by their govt). North Korea/Pakistan/Iran would be high on the suspect list of providing the nuclear weapon.

If the choice is either us or them.......I choose us.
Nuke Pakistan, North Korea, and Saudia Arabia at the minimum. Jordan, Egypt, and Iran would be high on the nuclear hit list. Pew Global Attitude Polls show which countries largely support terrorism and people like Osama Bin Laden. In the case of Pakistan where a significant number of people support terrorism, there are not too many 'innocent' people to nuke......
Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: This Is a No Brainer.........

[ QUOTE ]
At what point would we be humbled? Could we be humbled? What would the current administration do? What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If the choice is either us or them.......I choose us.
Nuke Pakistan, North Korea, and Saudia Arabia at the minimum. Jordan, Egypt, and Iran would be high on the nuclear hit list. Pew Global Attitude Polls show which countries largely support terrorism and people like Osama Bin Laden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly he has been humbled.

[ QUOTE ]

In the case of Pakistan where a significant number of people support terrorism, there are not too many 'innocent' people to nuke......

[/ QUOTE ]

......no actually he's hopeless.