Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Wheres George Clooney and Tim Robbins?

Ah, but aren't these corporations run by "rich elites"?

I should add Anheuser-Busch (the company and the foundation) to the growing list of relief from the well-to-do.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not politically correct to help red state Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

For Christ's sake, the thing just happened yesterday, and today.

Posts of this ilk are similar to those that are posted by idiots. Mind you, I am not calling you an idiot, I am merely criticizing the subject matter of the post, in order to conform to the guidelines.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 PM

Yes, because companies who's stocks are publicly traded on wall street dont have anything to gain by donating some money to the disaster.

So while u keep naming companies that are owned by a variety of shareholders (some rich, some not so rich), and run by a board of directors... maybe we can just keep this to an battle of individual donators.

Because then instead of individuals, there will be a even bigger dick swinging contest of what board of directors donated more, and are they liberal or concevative.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM

Rich conservatives aren't going to reach into THEIR pocket and provide relief. But they will make sure their name goes on somebody else's money or a corporation's donation.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 AM

As far as individuals donating, I'd think it a bit of poor taste for them to be touting how much they donated. I realize that corporations donate money to such things as PR move. But I'm of the mind that if you donate money, you do it because of the goodness of it, not to toot your own horn. I think a lot of people believe this and that may explain why you won't see a long list of rich people publicly declaring their donations. Just an opinion, though.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't Sean Penn be touring the area to tell us how evil US officials are?

Shouldn't Madonna be promoting Wesley Clark to take over all efforts?

Where is President Kerry when you need him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't speak for Sean Penn or Madonna, but Kerry isn't president because folks like you voted for failure twice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Frank
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 AM

Don't worry. As soon as Bush starts taking any heat for anything related to this disaster, the "liberal" media will once again trot them out again as the face and body of the resistance.

And you'll lap it up, good little sheep that you are.

Just remember: when anyone criticizes that p.o.s. Bush, it's not "real Americans" doing it. It's "Hollywood celebrities". Or "the liberal activists". Nobody you know, though. And certainly nobody you should listen to or take seriously.

(This message is brought to you daily by "the liberal media" -- a subsidiary of Big Business, Inc).

q/q
Old 08-31-2005, 03:04 AM

This disaster JUST HAPPENED. Right now, stars are doing more good by staying out of the media and letting other information take priority.

I guarantee you celebrities of all political persuasions will be talking about this in the days and weeks ahead. Go back and read some posts almost exactly like yours, screaming about liberal celebrities doing nothing, JUST AFTER the tsunami. They ended up doing plenty.

Just you watch. And when they do start speaking up to raise money, you'll be whining about how they should shut the hell up.

-ptmusic
Old 08-31-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this disaster had happened in a foreign land the stars would already be lining up to give out donations and "mobilize" America.

Doubt they will do that for an American disaster that Bush is trying to help with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel like a jackass?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This disaster JUST HAPPENED. Right now, stars are doing more good by staying out of the media and letting other information take priority.

I guarantee you celebrities of all political persuasions will be talking about this in the days and weeks ahead. Go back and read some posts almost exactly like yours, screaming about liberal celebrities doing nothing, JUST AFTER the tsunami. They ended up doing plenty.

Just you watch. And when they do start speaking up to raise money, you'll be whining about how they should shut the hell up.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all... Mr. Stern has already started a personal campaign to have NBA stars donate a portion of their salary to victims. The primary share-holder of ABC radio subsidiaries has already donated $500K to the red-cross and instructed local DJ's to open tent at sporting events to take donations (BTW I already contributed down at Dodger Stadium today).

What I'm saying is that immediately after the tsunami their was a huge out-cry to help the little people. Everyone was appalled at level headed politicians who even questioned the ramifications of sending funds and supplies to some of the effected areas know to harbor international criminals.

I haven't heard anyone mention yet how the under-privileged Southern African-American population... especially around the Mississippi area some of the poorest citizens in America.

Where are the liberal and Hollywood cries to help these people now... today. Why do they have to wait until after they can‘t get some free publicity by getting themselves onto a 24 hour marathon that will take 12 months to distribute the money. For god sakes there is still accounting and accountability issues with the 9/11 telethon.

The lead stories have been about Coast Guard rescues and ... {gasp} what will this do to your oil prices? Who cares... we are talking about peoples entire lives... and media is worried about whether it's going to cost us another $12 every time we fill up our H2.