Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Passive Fun with a Set (check my autopilot)

In response to the check/raise flop question. It's read dependant; I think there are some players where this is OK with. I agree though that in general it probably shouldn't be done.

As for c/r the river. The reason you haven't been played back at is because the flush card just came. A flush draw may or may not raise the flop, and a donkbet on the turn isn't that great either. Him betting here can't tell us it has a flush, but we can't be sure he doesn't. Re-raising him says "4-bet me with your flush please" risking the raise on the river isn't worth it. There's also 3 to a straight out there (reasonable card straights too). MUBS, maybe, but I don't like 3-betting this river at all.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:47 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
what makes you think it's spewing? we haven't been pushed back once and he only bet after we had checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
MP1 didn't have a flush to push back with until now. Most players don't know to raise their draws. If I make my flush on the river and the guy I was planning to raise just checks, I'm going to have to bet it myself. I think we have enough equity to call but I don't know that we're ahead. I'm just interested to hear arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero should have just bet the river. c/c seems really weak. if we are going to c/c and someone bets behind us i think we can raise and fold to a 3bet since we're getting paid off often enough from an A or K. But i'm not convinced w/ the c/r but i dont like the c/c really, however i dont know exactly why.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Read dependant, but I probably at least consider check-raising this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is my bet going to come from? This would be a bad flop to let get checked through. I think betting out is better here..it is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like a flop c/r either.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:49 PM

I don't like raising this from the bb. This is hand that is going to very difficult to play post flop especially OOP. I think you need to lead the river, costs you one extra bet if someone has caught a flush, but I think you leave money on the table when they don't. Might even get checked through.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:54 PM

I'm sure this is somewhat results oriented, but I think a c/r on the flop would run off at least one caller. I don't have a problem calling the river any more than I'd have a problem check/calling with 2nd pair after leading the whole time.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:57 PM

Do we really wanna chase Q8o and A6o out of the hand?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is somewhat results oriented, but I think a c/r on the flop would run off at least one caller. I don't have a problem calling the river any more than I'd have a problem check/calling with 2nd pair after leading the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only callers we chase off are drawing almost dead in the first place, so they can hang out and sip some punch in our pot. Anyone with a strong draw such as a flush or JT is going exactly nowhere.

irishpint - I agree, I like a bet/call. I have no problem with two bets on the river, I just think that ours should be the first and that if anyone else bets or raises we need to call it. Unless of course it goes bet-raise-3bet, in which case, toodles.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 PM

i won't raise 99 in the big blind until i have a read on the players.

i think this is just a routine river value bet. no reason to check this river.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The only callers we chase off are drawing almost dead in the first place, so they can hang out and sip some punch in our pot. Anyone with a strong draw such as a flush or JT is going exactly nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point. Let the dead hands stay. I don't want them chased off.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point. Let the dead hands stay. I don't want them chased off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, your post wasn't exactly clear that you felt chasing off a caller was a BAD thing. Alright then, carry on.