Default Re: Pink Polo shirts with Popped collars and Plaid Shorts

Okay let me explain this:

There are 5 different types of white poeple in the 16-22's

1. emo
2. metro/homosexual
3. punks
4. normal people
5. thugs (gangstas?)

1. emo people wear similar clothing to metro/homosexual, however they do their hair in different ways and are very pale and weigh 130 pounds
2. metro/homsexual people wear that sort of clothing, except they usually try to maintain good physique and they have really bad hair too, just different
3. punks wear gross looking clothing. they also have mohawks and stuff. i think they are something able to clash with emo, but not positive on that. these people are in the minority.
4. normal people wear clothes that aren't too tight, not too flamboyant, and are just normal. these people are generally cool. i think this is the largest group (thankfully)
5. these people talk funny and care as much as metro/homosexuals about how they look, but it's different. for an example, look at a rapper.

i think that covers it.

edit- these are my generalizations for white kids. im sure that kids from other ethniticies fall in and out of these perameters as well, but these are my generalizations
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I understand if you don't like the plaid shorts and polos, but seriously, if you're defending those Urban Outfitters, Ashton Kutcher wannabe, trucker hat wearing faggots, you should seriously reconsider life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not defending them. I'm saying that they're not white trash clothing. They have become trendy.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. normal people wear clothes that aren't too tight, not too flamboyant, and are just normal. these people are generally cool. i think this is the largest group (thankfully)

[/ QUOTE ]

The oft-maligned minority. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 04:56 PM

Too many catagories.

There are three types of people.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what kind of music they listen to.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what type of job they have.

Other people.

I'm glad I'm in the third, wouldn't mind making enough where I could be in the second, and would kill myself if I was in the first.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay let me explain this:

There are 5 different types of white poeple in the 16-22's

1. emo
2. metro/homosexual
3. punks
4. normal people
5. thugs (gangstas?)

1. emo people wear similar clothing to metro/homosexual, however they do their hair in different ways and are very pale and weigh 130 pounds
2. metro/homsexual people wear that sort of clothing, except they usually try to maintain good physique and they have really bad hair too, just different
3. punks wear gross looking clothing. they also have mohawks and stuff. i think they are something able to clash with emo, but not positive on that. these people are in the minority.
5. these people talk funny and care as much as metro/homosexuals about how they look, but it's different. for an example, look at a rapper.

i think that covers it.

edit- these are my generalizations for white kids. im sure that kids from other ethniticies fall in and out of these perameters as well, but these are my generalizations

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing a few, but as gay as all these groups are, the normal kids are the gayest, amd most uncool.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not defending them. I'm saying that they're not white trash clothing. They have become trendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I just generally think of trendy, Von Dutch, Urban Outfitters types as white trash, just white trash with money.

Also, if they're trendy, I don't know anyone who thinks they're cool.

Too many catagories.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what kind of music they listen to.

People who by the way they dress you can tell exactly what type of job they have.

Other people.

I'm glad I'm in the third, wouldn't mind making enough where I could be in the second, and would kill myself if I was in the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just plain isn't true for the 16-22 age group. maybe it is. I hope not. My sample size may be insufficient.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many catagories.

Other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot

people who by the way they dress, you can tell they have or will date raped someone.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By "that sort of clothing," do you mean the plaid shorts and polo shorts, or the trucker hats and tight pants? Because metrosexuals definitely do NOT wear plaid.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:01 PM

you're missing a few, but as gay as all these groups are, the normal kids are the gayest, amd most uncool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Fair enough. I just generally think of trendy, Von Dutch, Urban Outfitters types as white trash, just white trash with money.

Also, if they're trendy, I don't know anyone who thinks they're cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, you're in the 20+ range, so I think by that point it fades out, but when I went to the mall, I still saw people who dressed like this.