Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Legends Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you flat call with AA? Were you in early position? i think it is best to reraise with AA unless you think there is decent chance someone else will reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I was in the sb, and I disagree that re-raising with AA is always the best play.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the turn on the AA hand with a QJJ4 board? I think it might be best to check/call all the way. A lot of people play jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn to define my hand, which is why my call of the raise, and then calling the river was terrible.

As far as saying a lot of people play jacks, well, you got me to laugh out loud at that.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn to define my hand, which is why my call of the raise, and then calling the river was terrible.

As far as saying a lot of people play jacks, well, you got me to laugh out loud at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want to define your hand? It is possible you could get drawn out on, but since your opponent was the preflop raiser, let him lead. That way he may put in more way behind and you lose less if he has a J.

I don't see what's funny about a lot of people play jacks. QJJ is way more dangerous for you than Q44.

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, I was in the sb, and I disagree that re-raising with AA is always the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure I get it. You don't want to put too much in with AA OOP? You don't want to tip the strength of your hand? A reraise from the SB might look like a blind defense.