Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Pausers

I'm sure some players do this but i wouldn't read too much into it as an on-line tell.

As others have said, if your opponent is multi-tabling the response time will be based on which tables they are concentrating on rather than anything else.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:34 PM

That pauser is probably a better poker player than you. In fact, if you work hard enough on your game you will be good enough to pause professionaly.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I typically play 109, 215 SNL.

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps you are a not quite ready for prime time player.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect at lower limits, where I see this, their running the probabilities in the background, though I'm likely giving them too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... way too much credit. People habitually taking a long time at lower limits is either me learning to 8-table, or far more likely some donk figuring out if he has a "good feeling" about hitting his ignorant gutshot on the river.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:35 AM

And if you get a dictionary you will be able to spell? What is your basis that they are better players? That is a very constructive comment and shows your obvious overwhelming intelligence. Perhaps you are one of those pausers that I run over on one of your infamous "quick bet" plays?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Please elaborate? "Not ready for prime time" ? Is 109, 215 really prime time?? I usually play 2 - 3 tables at once so occassionally I do slow the pace somewhat but every hand and every play? 30 seconds to decide to fold while on the button with no raise in front of you? At a live table constant indecisiveness is considered a weakness.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And if you get a dictionary you will be able to spell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I wonder how well do you spell (without a dictionary) while writing in your second or third language?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Side Question

Does anyone consider players' pauses when making their decision? If I raise preflop with AK in position, and the board comes down paired with no A or K, I'm sometimes less inclined to c-bet if my opponent takes a while to check. Likewise in a few other situations. Live this works beautifully, and I use it consistently, but online I don't trust it much and I don't.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Side Question

Usually any form of pause does not concern me. Villain could be contemplating a bluff or slow playing a monster. Some additional analysis is necessary so pausing would be natural and expected in this situation and would offer relatively little info. In live play visual cues in addition to the pause for thought can sometimes offer a legitimate read. Sometimes.....LOL
Old 08-30-2005, 10:56 AM

Well I wouldn't use my second language to make inflammatory remarks for no apparenet reason. It is very kind of you to jump in defend his statements. How rude of me to commnet on the spelling or grammar when he is insulting me in his second language.
Closed Thread