Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: I made $40 today, should I go pro?

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a joke? Firstly 5/10 is to low limit to "go pro" and if you don't understand flunctuations better your off to a bad start. I would never consider myself a pro even if I play up 15/30 with consistent winnings. Pro's dont play for pennies since you will have both loosing and winning days. However if you were living on the Philipines and the alternative pay would just give you food on the table then thats another story...

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit your thought about limits that allow one to go pro is very broken. I could easily do it at $5/10. I started doing it at $3/6. I make assloads at $10/20.

I could very definitely see $2/4 being possible.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a joke? Firstly 5/10 is to low limit to "go pro" and if you don't understand flunctuations better your off to a bad start. I would never consider myself a pro even if I play up 15/30 with consistent winnings. Pro's dont play for pennies since you will have both loosing and winning days. However if you were living on the Philipines and the alternative pay would just give you food on the table then thats another story...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I will help pile on here. You are way out there...somewhere beyond the clueless.

If you are a 2BB/hr/table winner while 4-tabling 2/4, you will make $32/hr not including any bonuses and rakeback. This accounts for the "loosing" (sic) days as well as the winning ones.

Up that to 8 tables and drop the rate back to 1.5 BB/hr/table, and you have $48/hr. With use of bonuses and rakeback, it is easy to push this above $50/hr.

I have an excellent job -- one that I do not care to give up at this point even if I can make more playing poker. I make about $75K/yr. With benefits (half FICA payments, 401k, insurance, etc.), that comes in somewhere around $50/hr in total benefit.

If someone playing 2/4 can make more than $75K/yr plus benefits, I feel pretty secure saying they can make a living at that limit. And if 2/4 is high enough to make a living, then 5/10 clearly is.

Acme
Old 08-28-2005, 01:09 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
I played $5/$10 6 max for a half hour. I won $40. If I did this for 8 hours a day, that would be $640 a day, or $233,600 a year, which is just a little more than I currently make dealing. Should I take the plunge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you've demonstrated the mad skillz required to be a pro over the long haul. I mean, half an hour of winning play should tell you something!

Go for it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 08-28-2005, 01:17 PM

i think you should. its a great idea
Old 08-28-2005, 01:36 PM

It would be foolish not to.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:37 PM

Lame gimmick.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played $5/$10 6 max for a half hour. I won $40. If I did this for 8 hours a day, that would be $640 a day, or $233,600 a year, which is just a little more than I currently make dealing. Should I take the plunge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your sample size. Quit your job, get a 1000/month apt and get a lease on an Infiniti GT
Old 08-28-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take a look at my blog if you want an idea how drastic the swings can be when starting out, scroll down to the posts I made in June.

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm detector = broken

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have a broken sarcasm detector than be another mediocre 2+2 knockoff.

P.S. Did I mention that I have a blog?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your sample size. Quit your job, get a 1000/month apt and get a lease on an Infiniti GT

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
Old 08-28-2005, 03:43 PM

I can't believe how many people in this post think the OP is serious. Comeon people.