Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 3-bet flop bluff 10-20 6max

i like the way u were thinking about LAGs perception of u. he must have really thought u were a donk b/c my default play when villain puts in a third flop donk bet to push b/c in my experience this is 80-90% time air. nh.....when u have lemons make lemonade baby.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Three betting the flop with bluffs and good hands is something Ive been trying to do more. It really has a funny effect on some pople. Some run away when I 3-bet, and some make a 'no f you jason you have crap' stand with some rediculous hands. The other day I managed to get all in in a 3-way limped pot on the flop for 120bb with bottom set on a T54 board (with a flush draw) versus T7o. I feel like your raise size Gom is a little low, and while horrifying I feel like because I'm generally doing this with good hands more than I am with bad hands, I like to raise more. I'd make it 775 or something. There isnt a draw out there that they can conveniently put you on so calling your 3-bet with even AK could be tough. I also like to have a dominating table image so when I raise or reraise I tend to make them larger than most people on these boards.

-Jason
Old 08-26-2005, 12:48 PM

I would make it 800 w/ either a bluff or a good hand.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM

the only benefit of making the smaller raise is for the ensuing turn push if called.

if the flop raise is to 600, he can then push the turn for 1400 into a ~1350 pot.

on a flop raise to 800, he is pushing only ~1125 more into a 1750 pot.

granted making a bigger raise on the flop will yield a higher likelihood of him folding and taking it down right then.

ideally you would be deep enough to raise it from 300 to ~800, and still have more chips than a pot sized turn push.

and yet then again if he is calling this larger raise on the flop in that situation, then his turn calling % goes up as well, as he must like his hand a bit more.

all that rambling aside, i like the flop 3-bet bluff against a solid player when you have a weakish image. a good chance he was just trying to take it away from you with nothing. and even if he wasn't, you have good folding equity on his decent hands.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or just call and check-raise all in on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah. Really? That seems like a prohibitively expensive way to bluff. You've got to be able to achieve equivalent fold equity for a cheaper price.