Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: AA in the SB...HEEEEEEEEHAW

I like this line, because playing on a paired board with aces OOP can leave you having no idea were u are at, i prefer leading the turn tho because it will def show u were u are at and people will pay u off with weaker hands because they might think you missed.
Noah
Old 08-25-2005, 06:13 PM

I think the combination of your avatar and the title of this post is hysterical.

As for the hand, I think it's fine. I would usually check/call the river simply because I prefer check/calling to making blocking bets, but a blocking bet has plenty of merit.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:22 PM

yeah me too
Old 08-25-2005, 06:34 PM

Pre-Flop- Raise to 14 instead of 8
Flop- You checked --- planning to check raise? I like it.
Turn- Im check-raising this to see where Im at. Ill raise him to around 50 bucks. If he calls, I have to give him credit for slowplayed Kings.
River- Id check-fold the river after ive been called by a check-raise on the turn.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn- Im check-raising this to see where Im at. Ill raise him to around 50 bucks. If he calls, I have to give him credit for slowplayed Kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

This is a standard way ahead or way behind situation. Don't raise.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

This is a standard way ahead or way behind situation. Don't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the mean time flat calling is creating more questions then it solves. If you have the balls and intelligence to check/call on the flop/turn and then make the correct decision to a HUGE bet on the river, then my hats off to you.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the mean time flat calling is creating more questions then it solves. If you have the balls and intelligence to check/call on the flop/turn and then make the correct decision to a HUGE bet on the river, then my hats off to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why Augie made a blocking bet on the river, which is exactly why most people like the way he played it. His post-flop play was textbook.

As an aside, I personally don't mind putting myself to big decisions like the one you describe, but a blocking bet is the right play for most people.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:32 PM

i think you played it well but theres a better way to play it. I'd bet half to 3/4 of the pot on the turn, this can be a value bet,a bet to see where you are, and an attempt to represent the king since the other two players may find it odd that u didnt try a continuation bet on the flop.

if you get raised i fold if u get called c/f the river

i dont think him betting a pocket pair is out of the question since it was checked to him twice, most players bet there with or without the king.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more pre-flop. You have two limpers, someone left to act and you will be out of position the rest of the hand and your raise was only 4BB. I raise it up to at least $12-15 there. Other than that, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I could do this if I were willing to bump it to $12 every time I raise w/ two others in the pot. I like to raise a lot and I'm not really willing to bump it to $15 with 99 or something like that, I prefer to stay in the 3-4BB range at all times, 5BB if there are a ton of limpers.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet half to 3/4 of the pot on the turn, this can be a value bet,a bet to see where you are, and an attempt to represent the king since the other two players may find it odd that u didnt try a continuation bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I do this, I will have to make another bet on the river, because if I'm checking there is no way he's checking behind and I'll probably face a gigantic bet no matter what he's holding. And betting the river sucks because it's inevitable he's going to raise me with a K or JJ and he might raise on a bluff, either way I'd probably fold to a river rase so I'd just be spewing chips.