Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: skill difference

You play what...100 hands a day. Maybe 200. Play that every day for the next three years and you might start getting close. I played 2000 hands already this morning. Playing 100 hands a day you'll have months of losing money even if your good.

A respectable rate is really anything positive. But don't expect to make over 3 BB/100 even if you're a solid player...that's about 1.5-2 BB/hr playing 1 table. That would be excellent. Like I said you just had a lucky start.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I left the SNGs some weeks ago and I'm back playing a variety of 10-handed limit tables...1/2, 2/4, 3/6 and a little 5/10 (I sit when there is an open seat - no particular preference). Maybe because I'm not paying more attention to my games (I surf the net, watch TV, fool around with my girl, etc.), but I'm not seeing a very big difference in play by the other hands. I seem to make about 10-15BB/hr regardless of the table I'm playing (I'm completely comfortable with that - poker isn't my breadwinner). At what level does the table become markedly more difficult to play, or am I just a dope thinking there is some sort of grand scheme?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so you are on an upswing. Come back in a few weeks after you hit some negative variance.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:59 PM

wasn't trying to be pompous, jerkoff - had an honest question, wasn't computing correctly, haven't logged enough time to be significant and looks like I have been pretty lucky from the getgo. go back to sitting on your thumb.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:00 PM

everybody else, I appreciate the responses...I can't know until I learn. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The answer would be dope...I thought BB was big blinds - my bad. Still...I don't play for much longer than two hours at a time. When (how many hands or hrs)does your win rate become statistically significant. What is a respectable rate at small stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

100k hands

But winrate has nothing to do with respectability. Some of the best posters on here run bad for some 50k hands or more, but I'll still respect them and take their advice if their reasoning is sound.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't trying to be pompous, jerkoff - had an honest question, wasn't computing correctly, haven't logged enough time to be significant and looks like I have been pretty lucky from the getgo. go back to sitting on your thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted before I read all the replies and realized you weren't just penis waving. I edited it right away. You must have beat me to it. I apologize. Hope you keep winning.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:05 PM

EC,

It also depends a lot on when you play. My win rate is significantly lower now that I play the majority of my hands in the mornings (worst time of day) then it was when I played evenings and weekends.

Chief
Old 08-25-2005, 01:08 PM

no harm taken hip. i apologize for the somewhat brutal response - you don't really have sit on your thumb if you don't prefer LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 01:09 PM

Just wondering Cheif, why do you do that?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM

Because I still make twice as much as I did working and I have evenings and weekends free to do other things I enjoy more than poker. I'm a pretty simple guy that likes simple things and I don't care if I could make a significant amount more playing at times I'd rather not be playing.