Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: FPS, Pointless or Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
Like a moron, I hadn't really though about trying to protect your hand. I think it's tough to do. I kind of like your line. But I think probably I would just pump the pot, from the description of the game it does not sound like the draws are going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOBODY is going anywhere. Any pair, any A-x, and two spades, any gutshot, any straight draw. Just bet/3-bet and make all these weak hands pay the most to get there.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:28 PM

A lot of people are adovcating a bet-3 bet line on the flop. Based on the fact that the pot is pretty bloated on this point, and people are going to be calling no matter what.

The board is pretty darn cordinated at the moment.

I may be more inclined to Bet-Call, or even Check-Call.

This will give me a much better chance to Check Raise a friendly looking turn card.

If I check raise the flop, or 3-bet the flop - I lose that opportunity to charge the most on an expensive street.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 01:34 PM

Yeah, sounds good Sarge. The bet/call line that is. Anything this opponent raises with on the flop he's betting with on the turn.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:42 PM

I think it is close. I think you can get a lot of $$$ in the pot on the flop with a bet/3-bet line, and if I'm pretty sure the button is going to raise the flop I think that's what I would do. I guess it would really depend on how many people you think will call 2 cold on the turn. From the sound of the game you're not going to protect your hand with any kind of raise on the turn, so I'm just thinking about how much $$$ you can get in the middle.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:46 PM

I agree with this line too. I also don't think checking the flop at a table likes this makes much sense. No need to get tricky on the flop or really at all.