Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Don\'t mess with me you #¤%&/(!

Hand 1 -- I agree with the other posters. If you had a read of "maniac/bluffer", then I can see situations where I would want to show it down, although rare.

Given the result of hand 1, you have to see a showdown on hand 2, although I like just calling all the way in these A/WB situations.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:25 AM

U honestly think u played this fine because you won? Or are you trying to show what happens if u are semitilting and gets lucky? There are a ton of guys at this limit with 37/17/1.5, he is somewhere in the middle of those a bit LAGGY guys.

I raise PFR 18% at 10/20 and I can see a reraise when I raise UTG with KQo being slightly +EV. You are not ahead but u got position. But since I raise AKo-ATo, AKs-A7s (and sometimes more Asx) a lot of my raising hands includes an A.

Also, of course they guy raising UTG knows that as long as u got somewhat normal raising standards u need a even better hand to 3bet so there is a very big chance u got an A.

So: If this guy wants to bluff you it makes no sennse at all doing it when you 3bet UTG+1 and flop is A87 rainbow. When you 3bet flop u are begging him to checkcall turn if he got anything at all. So... not only do u 3bet when u probably are drawing dead, u also commit yourself to bet turn, still drawing dead.

When you checkraise flop, the only reasonable hands u will beat - if he is PFR17% - is JTs, KTs, QTs, QJs, KJs, KJo.

When turn is a T you ar down to: QJs, KJs, KJo. Its not a lot to hope for.

Also, if u really wanted to bluff this guy out of the pot, and I guess this what u try to do, u should not 3bet flop beacuse if u got a real good hand u will normally wait for turn or river to raise him when he checkraise flop (at least if u think he will call with Ax if u raise turn or river and this guy probably will).

It seems like you get a kick of outplaying a semi-LAG like this one. This is excatly how to not do it.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:32 AM

U honestly think u played this fine because you won? Or are you trying to show what happens if u are semitilting and gets lucky?

Nah, just wanna show that u can't trust the numbers... the guy was nuts limping, raising, reraising with all kinds of crap...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
U honestly think u played this fine because you won? Or are you trying to show what happens if u are semitilting and gets lucky?

Nah, just wanna show that u can't trust the numbers... the guy was nuts limping, raising, reraising with all kinds of crap...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should of put this in your original post. Are you looking for good responses or just trying to prove a point?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:42 AM

looking for good responses and trying to prove a point
Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not trying to get good answers. You are totally uninterested in getting answers - like mine which took me same time to write - to the hand you posted.

Now suddenly you tell us u had another read on the player, that he was nuts, reraising crap. Well, thanks a lot. Glad u told us.

You want to show us that the displayed stats you get from a certain players handhistory sometimes conflict wih how he plays right now at this actual moment.

Heureka!

There are a thousands reasons that players play more aggressive/more passive/more tricky/worse then they normally do. You posted because you just found that out and wanted to tell us?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jh Ks (high card, ace).
Hero has Kh Qd (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.75 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else hoping for the nine on the river?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 AM

hmmm, had a bad day? /v
Old 08-25-2005, 10:54 AM

Tilt is -EV for you (but that's cool, because when you tilt it's +EV for me).
Old 08-25-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, just wanna show that u can't trust the numbers...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of posts about this. There was a recent one about aggression factors in mid/high I think, and Naphand has made some interesing posts about the reliability of statistics on this forum, to name a couple. Furthermore, it is often repeated that hand posts should contain a read if you have one, and that these are more reliable than a few hands of statistics.

Your point is moot and already widely disseminated. It would appear that your original post was for egotistical reasons, and from then on you have been rude and arrogant. I try not to bitch on the forums, but please could you think before you post.

Your post would have actually been fine if you had posted it as "I out-LAG the LAG (LC)" or something, and made an honest representation of what your post was about, rather than wasting people time.