Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: AQ bb

"Mike, how different and how much tougher would you say these games are than your typical 40-80 game or whatever?"

the people play more randomly. like that guy in this hand. although his numbers scream super tight he had 77 this time. live people are more predictable i guess
Old 08-24-2005, 10:24 PM

In these games, many people don't understand hand values, but in the opposite way of live, they slow down too fast and don't put in enough bets. Someone playing that few hands should have a much higher AF as a mentioned earlier, so he almost never bets the turn with a hand worse than yours.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 PM

I'm curious about the turn check-raise. It seems like MP only bets there if he can beat you, no? I mean, you did 3-bet him on the flop. Did you, uh, give him some reason to think your flop raises shouldn't be respected?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM

In the games Mike usually seems to play, his flop call of the 3 bet probably means a hand worse than AQ unless he is slowplaying, which isnt true here. (just a guess)
Old 08-25-2005, 08:10 AM

Pre-Flop: Why three bet? Being OOP and being that your AQ isn't suited I'm hating the play. If it was heads up maybe I'll consider it. Knowing that he's tight I'm calling 100%.

Flop: I like the play. I'll play it similiar too. I'll play this real fast too, I think that's why I wouldn't have thought he has a set. How much of a warning would it be if he capped? If he did would you call the Turn and fold on the River unless you had two pair?

Turn: I think I know what he's doing here. He's thinking he can trap him cause has TPTK. That's actually not that bad of a play, the board is pretty ragged too, it just so happened he had a set. Funny how he didn't make it 3bet though.

River: Given your play the river bet is standard.

Thoughts?