Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Which came first?

I believe the egg came first.

Your clone was running good at his table. If you sit at his table you'll do good. Otherwise he'll get the same crappy cards you were getting at your table.

That made no sense.

Here we are at 2+2, one of the best poker forums out there, and definitely the best poker book publisher out there, and we're discussing luck and running good. Awesome.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 PM

I think as long as you don't touch him you will be fine. You saw Timecop right?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Not a stupid question.

This isn't about the cards, you retardos. It's about whether you -- yeah, I'm talking to YOU -- play better when you're running g00t or running bad, and whether your clone would be smart enough to adjust his game to the fact that you had been running bad at the table (i.e., the bluffs and steals he could make will probably just be spewy at your table).

All else being equal, Grisgra running good is probably playing slightly better than Grisgra running bad, and my clone would be able to adjust for the fact that he was coming to a table where I had been running bad . . . so I'll let the clone do the work while I catch up on my Tivo.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Not a stupid question.

Well wouldn't your clone start playing just as bad as you once he realizes he's running bad?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well wouldn't your clone start playing just as bad as you once he realizes he's running bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says he's going to run bad just because you *were* running bad?
Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 PM

Oh ok now I see what you're saying.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who has responded to this thread is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh ok now I see what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. As I was saying, this isn't a stupid question at all -- a losing session can knock some people from their A-game into their B-game, or their B-game into their C- or D-game. Or worse. This is just a creative/silly way of thinking about how well you play when running good vs running bad, and how well you adjust your game when running good vs running bad. Completely non-trivial concerns.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something I was thinking about on the way home from the bar.

Scenario:

You are in the middle of a cold streak. Halfway through a session in which you are losing, your clone who is running incredibly good takes over for you. What happens?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate questions in which vital information is not provided. This is worse than the no read on opponents hand questions.

The answer to this question has a lot to do with what point in your life your clone was made.

For instance I've been playing poker for two years, so a clone made after I've started playing would still be an infant and probably not a good player, I don't care how hot a streak he's been on. A clone made shortly after my birth would have such different life experiences that there's no way to predict what kind of poker player he'd be. For all I know, this session today that he's running so well in, is his first session ever...

--Zetack
Old 08-23-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Clone may have been a bad word to use...

I wasn't really thinking in terms of an actual clone, more of your clone as a poker player. Someone who is the same skill level, plays the same, thinks the same... (someone who plays exactly like you)

-Jason