Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: my singular fav hand vs. rigoletto

[ QUOTE ]
i loved this hand.

i raise CO w/ A6o. rig calls button HU fop is Ax6 i bet he calls.

turn is K i bet he calls.

river is Q i check he bets i raise he calls.

woohooo fun.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, you own me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: A bunch of hands from the 2+2 game

Yeah i was pretty taken about by the hands in hand 3, i couldn't believe after that action that they were as weak as they were. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Ah well, i'll learn for next time.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:37 PM

You can call me a liar if you'd like to but:

1) I call-reraised hoping Barron would think I had a draw.
2) I was pretty sure from my show of strength you'd check QQ on down on the turn and if you did bet the turn I was going to fold.
3) When you check the turn I'm pretty sure Barron is going to raise my bet and since your check is indicating to me you probably don't have a super-duper huge PP that you're confident enough to bet, I think you can lay it down for two cold.

It all worked out perfectly though sometimes I get [censored] by you check 3-betting or stubbornly cold calling or by Barron actually having a full house.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) I was pretty sure from my show of strength you'd check QQ on down on the turn and if you did bet the turn I was going to fold.
3) When you check the turn I'm pretty sure Barron is going to raise my bet and since your check is indicating to me you probably don't have a super-duper huge PP that you're confident enough to bet, I think you can lay it down for two cold.

It all worked out perfectly though sometimes I get [censored] by you check 3-betting or stubbornly cold calling or by Barron actually having a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say i was 90% sure i had the best hand on the flop. That turn was not terrible, but i wanted to see how you guys played it. You bet as expected, but Barron's raise threw me off. I have represented an overpair here. For Barron to raise here, i thought he would need a strong hand to pop the turn again here. I don't see what value getting me out has given the action unless you are drawing.

While i initally thought you might be drawing, calling then capping and betting the turn would not be consistent with how you would play that hand against in that spot. (At least i didn't think so) We haven
t played a ton together, but we've both made some liberal stands, value bets, etc... so i didn't think you would figure you could get me off an overpair here. Unfortunatley for me, Barron came in and popped the turn.

Very nice hand to both of you guys, hopefully i can catch it next time.

Gabe
Old 08-23-2005, 02:52 PM

Hey Gabe, not to beat on you about 1 hand, but hand 2 was the one that appears the most obvious mistake. I would think putting MP on a draw would be standard (as Schneids thought). So you know that BArron is putting him on a draw and raising his vulnerable hand to get you out. Calling two cold is always tough with one par, that is why I think betting the turn is the correct play there. If you get rasied and reraised you can lay it down. Much easier to play that way.

Looks like a good game where you can use some higher level thought rather than always 'getting to SD' vs donks. I hope to join in sometime.

Thanks for the post, these hands are interesting.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:58 PM

I think you are absolutely correct. Next time i will bust their thinking, over aggressive asses! I really do enjoy these games though, going back to my regualr games afterwards seems like a cakewalk. There were actually some hands i played well too, i just wanted some feedback on some of the tougher ones. We should do another game soon, but TSP can start it so he doesn't feel left out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need at least A7 to make that a good play right?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really do enjoy these games though, going back to my regualr games afterwards seems like a cakewalk.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, kinda like moving up and down limits...playing vs. thinking good players shorthanded and then dropping for a steady earn to 20 or 30, right? we've never heard that before, right? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

-Barron
Old 08-23-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need at least A7 to make that a good play right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Further, doesn't A7 have to raise this flop (the first time)? I can understand wanting to wait for a good turn card, but I think trying to get the CO out couldnt be resisted. Is CO cold calling here preflop with mid PP's (which would he a hand MP couldnt get to fold and has reason to be afriad of) - perhaps that is the thinking.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:08 PM

Default You mean, I have . . .

authoritaaa?