Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: So I\'m At The Pistol Range Saturday...

1. It absolutely is possible to see rounds moving downrange, although it is more common for it to happen at dusk and with a rifle than in an indoor pistol range.

2. Stop using those silly shoot & see stickies. If you're looking at your target, you're not focussed on your frontsight, which is where you should be looking.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm At The Pistol Range Saturday...

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself saying this all the time.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not weird until...

[ QUOTE ]
and I keep the 9mm sitting next to my computer monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It's holstered and unloaded. It's not going to animate and start blowing holes in the walls. As it is right now, it's a $500 paperweight, not much more dangerous than your keyboard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm...I suppose...I kind of imagined it loaded and unholstered, and you ready to turn around and start blowing holes into anybody who tries to make a move on you and your pok...um...euchre capital...

Anyway, if it's unloaded, leave it unholstered...it's probably cooler that way.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not weird until...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It's holstered and unloaded. It's not going to animate and start blowing holes in the walls. As it is right now, it's a $500 paperweight, not much more dangerous than your keyboard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing weird about keeping a gun in this condition is that (a) the gun is unloaded and thus worthless, and (b) it is not on your right hip.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not weird until...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing weird about keeping a gun in this condition is that (a) the gun is unloaded and thus worthless, and (b) it is not on your right hip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'll admit that it'd take a few seconds for it to get into a firing condition, but my roommate is pretty anti-gun. He's baffled by the fact that I even own guns. Apparently he thinks that he can fend off an attacker with his bare hands (his words), and defend the house with uhh...well I dunno what he has. A scary stick maybe? At any rate, he doesn't feel comfortable with a loaded gun in the place, even though I've demonstrated on plenty of occasions that a gun is perfectly safe while loaded, as long as the operator is careful. But, he doesn't listen. So, I keep my pistols unloaded.

As far as hip carry...I've been known to do that. Arizona is an open carry state. I generally won't wear my gun into random places during the day, but if I go somewhere after midnight or so, I generally will carry on my hip. I haven't been lately, but it's something I've done extensively before. You'd be surprised at how few weird looks you get. Most people don't even notice (or care).

Too bad I'm moving back to CA in January. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not weird until...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'll admit that it'd take a few seconds for it to get into a firing condition, but my roommate is pretty anti-gun. He's baffled by the fact that I even own guns. Apparently he thinks that he can fend off an attacker with his bare hands (his words), and defend the house with uhh...well I dunno what he has. A scary stick maybe? At any rate, he doesn't feel comfortable with a loaded gun in the place, even though I've demonstrated on plenty of occasions that a gun is perfectly safe while loaded, as long as the operator is careful. But, he doesn't listen. So, I keep my pistols unloaded.

As far as hip carry...I've been known to do that. Arizona is an open carry state. I generally won't wear my gun into random places during the day, but if I go somewhere after midnight or so, I generally will carry on my hip. I haven't been lately, but it's something I've done extensively before. You'd be surprised at how few weird looks you get. Most people don't even notice (or care).

Too bad I'm moving back to CA in January. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...If I could carry a gun around...I'd so totally own a gun.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not weird until...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pro-gun and very very pro-gun-safe. At the very least I'd hope you have a trigger lock on it, but in your place I'd have it in a big metal box bolted to the floor/wall.

I currently own 0 guns, since when I want to go shooting I have my pick of 40-50 and the person who owns the guns is conveniently the person who owns the property where I go shoot them. I'm not worried that I'd do something stupid with it, but rather I don't want to risk even the slightest chance it'll be used by someone else (stolen or otherwise).

I learned gun safety from some very careful people, and I like their approach.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:21 AM

lmao.......2 funny
Old 08-23-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still hoping for recounts in Iowa and New Mexico?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM

I used to have 2 guns until I got convicted of a felony.